Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pentanerv 300mg Tablet is contains Gabapentin.
Uses of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
- Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
- As an adjuvent with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures in adults.
Contraindications of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
If you are allergic to gabapentin or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness, difficulty in movement and other mental issues
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain, fatigue and back ache
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes, itching & excessive sensitivity
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Fever, flu, infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways and urinary tract
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
- Impotency, anxiety, feeling hostile, uncontrolled movements, sleeplessness
Precautions and Warnings of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
Can I take Pentanerv 300mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it can interfere with the growth and development of the brain and other body parts of the fetus. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Can I take Pentanerv 300mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pentanerv 300mg Tablet?
After taking this medicine, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Pentanerv 300mg Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience behavioral change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be sign of pancreatitis
- If you are an elderly the risk of getting side effects are more
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances
- This medicine can cause dependence and abuse, talk to your doctor if you have history of drug abuse
Mode of Action of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The exact mechanism of action of gabapentin is uncertain. Yet, according to an anticipated mechanism gabapentin acts on specific receptors in the brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It produces anti-seizure action by reducing the release of neurotransmitters responsible for generation of seizures.
Directions for Use of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals
Interactions of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone
- If you are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine
Storage and disposal of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Pentanerv 300mg Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:23 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback + Freebies up to Rs.500on your 1st medicine order
Additional Rs.150 off + Freebies up to Rs.500 on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved