Pentanerv 300mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pentanerv Tablet contains gabapentin as its active ingredient, mainly used along with other medicine to help control certain types of seizures (fits) and neuropathic pain (pain due to damaged nerves). Gabapentin in this medicine acts by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain and changing the way the body senses pain signals. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Sudden stopping of this medicine may worsen the underlying condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of this medicine....
Uses of Pentanerv 300 MG
- As an adjuvant with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures (unusual electrical activity affects a small area of the brain).
- It is also used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves).
Contraindications of Pentanerv 300 MG
If you are allergic to gabapentin or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Pentanerv 300 MG
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Dry mouth, constipation, flatulence
- Impaired coordination
- Fatigue, fever
- Viral infection
- Back pain, muscle pain
- Vomiting, nausea
Precautions and Warnings of Pentanerv 300 MG
Can I take the Pentanerv Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take the Pentanerv Tablet during pregnancy, unless advised by your doctor after assessing the need. Thus, always inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Pentanerv Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- If needed, this medicine should be used cautiously.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pentanerv Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, after taking this medicine. Thus, if you experience these symptoms avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pentanerv Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be a sign of pancreatitis.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own.
- You have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder.
- You have any other type of seizures such as absence seizure.
- You are an elderly person.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are on any opioid painkiller medicine such as morphine.
- You experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Pentanerv 300 MG
How Does It Work?
The exact mechanism of action of gabapentin is uncertain. Yet, according to the anticipated mechanism gabapentin acts on specific receptors in the brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain. It reduces the release of neurotransmitters responsible for the generation of seizures....
Directions for Use of Pentanerv 300 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Pentanerv 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Pentanerv Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone.
- If you are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems.
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Pentanerv 300 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Pentanerv 300 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, lethargy and mild diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Pentanerv Tablet help me with sleep?
A: Pentanerv Tablet is not used to treat sleeping disorder.
Q: Can Pentanerv Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side effect of the Pentanerv Tablet. If this side effect bothers you, talk to your doctor for more information.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.