Penta 40mg Tablet
By INTRA LABS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Penta Tablet is a medicine used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole
as an active ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best....
Uses of Penta 40mg Tablet
Penta Tablet is used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Contraindications of Penta 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Penta Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Penta 40mg Tablet
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Penta 40mg Tablet
Can I take Penta Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Penta Tablet in pregnancy, use only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Penta Tablet while breastfeeding?
Penta Tablet can pass into breast milk. Avoid unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Penta Tablet?
The medicine has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines. However, you may feel dizzy or experience visual disturbance after taking the medicine. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Penta Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol, discuss with the doctor if you consume alcohol too often and accordingly, he may suggest to you what will work best for you. Alcohol consumption may be associated with acidity problem and long term consumption can lead to other complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Penta Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Penta 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds with proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. It is used for excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Penta 40mg Tablet
- Penta Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Penta 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Penta Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Penta 40mg Tablet
- Store at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Penta 40mg Tablet
If you have taken too much of the medicine, seek medical help or call the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Penta Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of med
icine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Penta Tablet?
A: Heartburn and chest pain are early symptoms of a heart attack. If the chest pain spreads to the jaw, shoulders, arms, back and you feel light-headed and anxious, seek medical help immediately.
Q: What is Penta Tablet used for?
A: It is used for the treatment of acidity related disorders like stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease.
Q: Can Penta Tablet be taken after food?
A: Avoid taking after consuming food as by the time it will start showing its effect, the acid in the stomach will be released for digestion of food and it will not affect the amount of acid formation.
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 29 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Sep 2021 | 07:01 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved