Pbren Nt Tablet
By LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pbren Nt Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of neuropathic pain. It is a sensation of numbness, tingling and also feels like pins and needles. Pbren Nt Tablet contains pregabalin and nortriptyline as the active ingredients. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting Pbren Nt Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Pbren Nt Tablet
Pbren Nt Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Pbren Nt Tablet
- If you are allergic to nortriptyline and pregabalin or any ingredients present in Pbren Nt Tablet.
- If you have health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, liver or kidney disorder, etc.
- If you are currently taking any anti-depressant medications.
- If you have liver/kidney damage or disease.
- If you have a history of cardiac arrest or heart failure.
Side effects of Pbren Nt Tablet
- Stuffed nose
- Dry mouth
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Pbren Nt Tablet
Can I take Pbren Nt Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used by pregnant women due to limited information available about the safety of Pbren Nt Tablet during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Pbren Nt Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment with Pbren Nt Tablet, as it may harm the newborn baby. Your doctor may suggest you either stop breastfeeding or discontinue the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pbren Nt Tablet?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy or tired. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Pbren Nt Tablet ?
It is advised not to consume alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in the skin, itching after taking this medicine.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as heart disorder, liver or kidney problem, thyroid, etc.
- You have a history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- It can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
Mode of Action of Pbren Nt Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
- Nortriptyline works by acting on the release of certain chemicals and electrical activity in the brain.
Directions for Use of Pbren Nt Tablet
Pbren Nt Tablet is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water. This tablet can be taken with or without food. It is recommended to take the tablet at the same time every day.
Interactions of Pbren Nt Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Pbren Nt Tablet works or Pbren Nt Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like pain killers, medications for diabetes, corticosteroids, blood thinners, antibiotics, muscle relaxing medicines, medicines for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, fits and sleep disorders, etc.Read less
Storage and disposal of Pbren Nt Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pbren Nt Tablet
Individuals may experience symptoms like dizziness, confusion, nausea, dehydration or unusual thirst, etc if the medicine is taken more than the recommended dose. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine as it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pbren Nt Tablet a normal painkiller?
A: Pbren Nt Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of neuropathic pain (pain associated with nerve damage in the brain). This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller. Take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Pbren Nt Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Pbren Nt Tablet on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. Also, your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Q: Can I takePbren Nt Tablet if I am taking antidiabetic medicines?
A: Please talk to your doctor about all your current and past medication use before taking this medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 May 2021]
- Nortriptyline 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 May 2021].
- Pregabalin 150 mg capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 May 2021].
- Drugs H. Pregabalin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 21 May 2021].
- Drugs H. Nortriptyline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 21 May 2021].
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 06:06 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved