Paradise Xr 12.5mg Tablet
Paradise Xr 12.5 MG Description
Paradise Xr tablet is a prescription medication. It is used to treat panic attacks, depression and mood disorders. Managing the symptoms of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) and the symptoms of
mood disorders such as the feeling of sadness, loss of interest, anger, panic attacks, loneliness, etc., are some of the uses of Paradise Xr tablets. It is composed of only one active ingredient: paroxetine. The mode of action Paradise Xr tablets is to increase the amount of serotonin, a chemical substance that improves mood. It also works by reducing the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Lightheadedness, drowsiness, fatigue, etc., are some common side effects of Paradise Xr tablets. Try to follow your doctor's direction for using Paradise Xr tablets. This medicine should be used exactly in the prescribed dose and duration, as it may cause physical dependence if used for a long period or in people who have a history of addiction. Notify your complete medical history and current treatments to your doctor, as these cannot be used in certain conditions.
|₹24.66 (14% on MRP)
|Anxiety disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
|Constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, drowsiness, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.
Uses of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
- As per USFDA and CDSCO, the main uses of Paradise Xr tablets are the following conditions:
- Treatment of major depressive disorders
- Treatment of the panic disorder
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
- Management of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) - a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) with extreme changes in mood and behaviour
Contraindications of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have allergies to any components of the Paradise Xr tablet
- If you have a previous history of alcohol or recreational substance addiction
- If you are concomitantly using pimozide, thioridazine or other medications that increase serotonin levels along with Paradise Xr tablets
- If you have bleeding issues or you are on a blood thinner. Paradise Xr tablets can increase bleeding
- If you are already using another antidepressant, anti-anxiety or sedatives, as they can interfere, they can cause adverse reactions
- If you have an eye disorder such as angle-closure glaucoma (high pressure inside the eye)
- If you have any seizures disorder
- If you are diagnosed with mania or bipolar disorder
- If you are pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you have liver disease
- If you have any heart condition
- Note - Not advised for children below 18 years of age
Side effects of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
- Side effects of Paradise Xr tablet include:
- Sleeping problems
- Memory impairment
- Uncoordinated body movements
- abnormal ejaculation
- Decreased sexual desire
Precautions and Warnings of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have to use any medications that can lead to severe sedation or drowsiness.
- You have any trouble breathing.
- You are over the age of 65. The effects of this medicine are increased in older patients, so use it with caution. Generally, side effects do not need any medical treatment if taken as prescribed.
- You have kidney-related issues. You may need dose adjustments.
- You have any seizure disorder (fits) and are using anti-epileptic medicines.
- You have to use herbal medicines or supplements.
- You are experiencing these side effects persistently.
Mode of Action of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
- Take the Paradise Xr tablet in the advised dosage and at the same time every day.
- Try not to exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel any changes.
- Take Paradise Xr tablets with or without consuming food.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water without breaking or chewing it.
- Do not take it with other medicines without notifying your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Paradise Xr tablet, as it can have adverse effects
Interactions of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain anti-depression medications such as MAO inhibitors along with Paradise Xr tablets should not be used within 14 days of each other. It can lead to severe reactions.
- Do not use other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications and medications like linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., along with this medicine. It can cause serious reactions similar to an overdose of Paradise Xr tablet. ...
- Medicines such as trazodone, pimozide, and other medicines that increase the serotonin level can cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with these tablets. It is rare and causes severe adverse effects and even death....
- Using opiates or narcotic pain relievers such as codeine and tramadol with Paradise Xr tablets can increase the side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, etc.
- If you are using anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders (fits) such as phenytoin, notify your doctor as Paradise Xr tablet can increase the effects of these medications.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid eating grapefruit or drinking its juice. It can increase the level of Paradise Xr tablet in the blood.
- Limit having coffee or caffeine-containing products such as cola, energy drinks, excessive chocolate, etc. The effects of caffeine can reduce the calming effects of Paradise Xr tablets.
Storage and disposal of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
Dosage of Paradise Xr 12.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I feel lethargic or gain weight after using Paradise Xr tablets?
Q: Is it ok to use the Paradise Xr tablet if I have a sleeping disorder?
Q: Are Paradise Xr tablets safe to use for a long duration?
- Paroxetine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 10 Mar 2022]
- Begg EJ, Duffull SB, Saunders DA, Buttimore RC, Ilett KF, Hackett LP, et al. Paroxetine in human milk [Internet]. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 48(2): 142–147. 1999 [cited 10 Mar 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 Mar 2022]
- PAXIL CR (paroxetine) extended-release tablets, for oral use. Initial U.S. Approval: 1999. Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 10 Mar 2022]