Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid L capsule is a combination medicine used for the prevention of reflux of acid from the stomach to the food pipe and also prevents the production of excess acid in the stomach. It consists of
two active ingredients, pantoprazole and levosulpiride that works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel. Do not use it if you are pregnant or a lactating mother or if you are allergic to any of the components of it. Pantocid L capsule should only be used under medical supervision....
Uses of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Pantocid L capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to Pantoprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole and levosulpiride or any of the other ingredients of Pantocid L capsule.
- If you have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an obstruction in your bowel or have blood in vomit or stool.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma.
- If you have a seizure disorder (epilepsy) or have an abnormally elevated mood (mania).
- If you have prolactin hormone-secreting tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma) and breast cancer present together.
Side effects of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Pain in stomach
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Pantocid L capsule during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety. Take this medicine only if it is considered to be essential.
Can I take Pantocid L capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to be excreted in milk. This medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantocid L capsule?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery, however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid L capsule?
Consuming alcohol while being on this medicine can increase sleepiness. Avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disorder, any kind of heart disease, etc.
- You have a rash over the skin.
- You are taking this medicine for a longer duration.
- You have tiredness, seizures, irregular heartbeat or muscle spasm.
- Your doctor tells you that you have a low vitamin B12 level in your blood.
- You have to undergo a urine test.
Mode of Action of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Levosulpiride works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
Directions for Use of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Take the Pantocid L capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Take it on an empty stomach before meals as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Pantocid L capsule works or this medicine itself affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements orherbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction....Read more
- Especially, if you are consuming medicines like antibiotics, antifungals, anti-HIV medications, blood thinners, immune-suppressant medicines like methotrexate, brain and mood-related medicines, etc.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantocid L Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose include fits, loss of balance, difficulty in sleeping, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine on your chosen day, take it on the day you remember. Take your next dose of this medicine on the day you normally take it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Pantocid L capsule cause loose motions?
A: Pantocid L capsule can cause loose motions as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take Pantocid L capsule with food or just after food?
A: Pantocid L capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably 30 minutes before a meal. It should not be taken with food or just after food as the presence of food in the stomach causes a decrease in the action of this medicine.
Q: What should I let know my doctor before taking the Pantocid L capsule?
A: Heartburn and chest pain mimic the symptoms of a heart attack. If you have chest pain that spreads to the jaw, shoulders, arms, back and you feel light-headed and anxious, seek medical help.
Last Updated on: 30 Jul 2021 | 08:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved