Pantium Iv 40mg Injection 1'S
Pantium 40 MG Description
Pantium Powder For Injection is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), stomach ulcers, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (one or more tumours formed in the pancreas or upper part o
f the small intestine). It contains pantoprazole as its main component. It belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitors", medications that reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Uses of Pantium 40 MG
- For the treatment of symptoms like heartburn, acid regurgitation (sensation of acid in your throat or mouth) and pain while swallowing, which is caused due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD))....
- For the treatment of stomach ulcers.
- For the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a condition in which one or more tumours are formed in the pancreas or upper part of the small intestine.
Contraindications of Pantium 40 MG
Side effects of Pantium 40 MG
- Polyps in stomach
- Injection site inflammation that forms clot or block in the vein (thrombophlebitis)
Precautions and Warnings of Pantium 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You notice significant & unintentional weight loss, recurrent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing, blood in vomit and anaemia.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction after taking pantoprazole in the past.
- If you are taking this medicine for more than one year, it may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You are scheduled to have a blood test (Chromogranin A).
- If you get rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, inform your doctor.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Pantium 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pantium 40 MG
Interactions of Pantium 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pantium Powder For Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, fungal infections, cancer, HIV infection or are taking blood thinners, etc.
Storage and disposal of Pantium 40 MG
- Store Pantium Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pantium 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pantium an antibiotic medicine?
Q: What is the composition of Pantium Powder For Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg powder for solution for injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg powder for solution for injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]