Ostebon Plus Tablet
Ostebon Plus Tablet Description
Ostebon Plus tablet is used in the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It is used for conditions such as osteoporosis and helps in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It contains calcium
and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol). Take this tablet as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not consume it in more quantity than that suggested by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Ostebon Plus tablet.
- Cipcal Hd Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Gx15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.00₹ 68.80₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Gemcal D3 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 153.00₹ 10.2/Tablet
- Coralium D3 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 162.95₹ 138.51₹ 13.85/Tablet
- Calcitab TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.00₹ 108.80₹ 7.25/Tablet
Uses of Ostebon Plus Tablet
- For the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- For the treatment of osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- In special populations like the elderly, pregnant and breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Ostebon Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You should not take Ostebon Plus tablet if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption or have high levels of cholesterol.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- You have any existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer or any other diseases.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Do not take Ostebon Plus tablet if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- Never take thyroid medicines and this tablet together.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Ingredients and Benefits of Ostebon Plus Tablet
- Ostebon Plus tablet contains calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol).
- Calcium: It is one of the most profuse minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently, it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays a crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion....
- Vitamin D3: It plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation....
Directions for Use of Ostebon Plus Tablet
- Ostebon Plus tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not consume it more than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Ostebon Plus Tablet
- Store Ostebon Plus tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are a good source of Vitamin D?
- Foods rich in Vitamin D are certain fatty fish such as salmon & tuna, fish & cod liver oil, cheese and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun. Thus, sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin D deficiency.
Q: Why should one take Vitamin D?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars, with hardly any exposure to the sun. This is leading to increased Vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness. ...
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that Vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: What are the side effects of taking Ostebon Plus tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Ostebon Plus tablet?
Q: What is the use of Ostebon Plus tablet?
- Calci-D Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Calci-D Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Vitamin D - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]