Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Orvas Tablet is a lipid-lowering medicine containing Atorvastatin as its active moiety. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors'. Atorvastatin in Orvas Tablet decreases the synt
hesis of cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for cholesterol formation. You should take this medicine preferably before going to bed to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefits along with Orvas Tablet....
Uses of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Orvas Tablet is used to lower your cholesterol level, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood) and prevent any heart problems like a heart attack.
Contraindications of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin or any other components of Orvas Tablet.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in the liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- An abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Can I take Orvas Tablet during pregnancy?
Orvas Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine that can harm the foetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Orvas Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is limited information available on the use of Orvas Tablet during breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine unless it is prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Orvas Tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Orvas Tablet?
Drinking too much alcohol can raise the levels of some fats in the blood. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on Orvas Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicines.
- You are taking medicines for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have respiratory failure.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have an inability to digest lactose (lactose intolerance).
Mode of Action of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Orvas Tablet inhibits this enzyme thus lowering bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood
. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Orvas Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed. It is recommended to take it at night before going t
Interactions of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- HIV medications such as ritonavir with Orvas Tablet can result in severe side effects.
- Erythromycin (antibiotic) taken with Orvas Tablet can result in increased side effects.
- It should be ensured that fusidic acid is taken in a proper gap with this medicine, a minimum gap of seven days is advised.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of grapefruit juice during the prescription of this medicine must be limited to avoid any side effects.
Storage and disposal of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Check its expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Orvas 10mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Excess of Orvas Tablet can result in dizziness, muscular breakdown, lack of appetite and increased allergic reactions. If you think you have taken too much dose of this medicine than prescribed, infor
m your doctor immediately or reach the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. But if its time for your next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dos
ing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Orvas Tablet cause diabetes?
A: If you have experienced an increase in blood sugar level, inform your doctor. A slight increase in sugar level can occur after taking Orvas Tablet. Regularly check your blood levels if you are on this treatment.
Q: Is Orvas Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, Orvas Tablet is not a blood thinner. Atorvastatin in this medicine has lipid-lowering action.
Q: Is Orvas Tablet good for cholesterol?
A: Yes, Orvas Tablet is used to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and improve levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It lowers the overall raised cholesterol levels.
Q: Are there any home remedies that can increase the treatment process?
A: Avoid fried and junk food. Avoid carbonated drinks. Exercise daily. Have your last meal of the day at least 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved