Orlimax 120mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Orlimax 120 MG Description
Orlimax capsules are an anti-obesity medication to help you lose weight. This medication is combined with physical exercise, behaviour change, and a low-calorie diet plan. The capsule consists of an
active component called orlistat, suitable for people who may have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, or heart disease.
|₹89.70 (15% on MRP)
|Obesity management in patients with body mass index (BMI) over 30 kg/m Prevention of weight gain after weight loss treatment
|Headache Stomach pain Difficulty controlling bowel movements Anxiety Oily, fatty or loose stools
Uses of Orlimax 120 MG
- Obesity management in patients with body mass index (BMI) over 30 kg/m
- Treating obesity in patients with risk factors like hypertension, diabetes and dyslipidemias
- Prevention of weight gain after weight loss treatment
Contraindications of Orlimax 120 MG
- Chronic malabsorption
- Cholestasis (obstruction in the flow of bile juice from the liver to the small intestine)
- Anorexia and bulimia
- Severe renal impairment
- Allergic to the ingredients of Orlimax capsules
Side effects of Orlimax 120 MG
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty controlling bowel movements
- Oily, fatty or loose stools
- Gas with oily spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Orlimax 120 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to components of Orlimax 120mg capsule
- You have had an organ transplant
- You have an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You have chronic malabsorption
- You have cholestasis (obstruction in the flow of bile juice from the liver to the small intestine)
- You have severe renal impairment.
Mode of Action of Orlimax 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Orlimax 120 MG
Interactions of Orlimax 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Orlimax capsules may decrease the plasma levels of antiepileptic medications like valproate, vigabatrin, gabapentin and lamotrigine
- Orlistat reduces the plasma concentration of Levothyroxine by binding with it in the gut
- Orlistat reduces the absorption of cyclosporine
- Orlistat, taken along with warfarin, results in prolonged prothrombin time and INR as it reduces the absorption of vitamin K
- Orlistat may reduce the absorption of antiretroviral medication
- Amiodarone absorption is reduced by orlistat
Storage and disposal of Orlimax 120 MG
Dosage of Orlimax 120 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will I be able to notice considerable weight loss?
Q: Can we use Orlimax 120mg Capsule in children?
Q: Can we take Orlimax 120mg capsule with food?
Q: Can we use Orlimax 120mg capsule in treating obese patients with diabetes and hypertension?
- Herbs and Supplements Drugs-Orlistat: MedlinePlus Drug Information[Internet].Medlineplus.gov 2016 [cited 15 April 2016]. Available https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601244.html#precautions
- Agam Bansal-Orlistat[Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK542202/