Orlica 120mg Capsule
Orlica 120 MG Description
Orlica Capsule contains orlistat as its active medicine. It is used for the management of obesity. Orlica Capsule helps lose weight when low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise programs are performed
along with this medicine. While on this medicine avoid fat containing food. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, have absorption disorder or any other medical conditions.
- Reeshape 120mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 935.00₹ 794.7515.61% CHEAPER₹ 52.98/Capsule
Uses of Orlica 120 MG
Contraindications of Orlica 120 MG
- If you are allergic to orlistat or any other component of Orlica Capsule
- If you have severe malabsorption disorder, a condition in which your body isn’t able to take in many of the nutrients from the food you eat.
- If you have or had a liver disease.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Orlica 120 MG
- Decreased blood sugar level than normal
- Upper respiratory infection
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Liquid stools
Precautions and Warnings of Orlica 120 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are a Type 2 diabetic or thyroid patient.
- You have kidney disease.
- You are on any medication to treat fits.
- You are not planning pregnancy.
- You are on any other medication or supplements.
- Orlica Capsule is not recommended for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Orlica 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Orlica 120 MG
- Orlica Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water immediately before, during or up to one hour after the main meal.
- If a meal is missed or contains no fat, the dose of orlistat should be omitted. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Orlica 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Orlica Capsule can decrease the effect of medicines used to modify immune response such as ciclosporin when used concomitantly.
- Medicine used in the treatment of diabetes such as Acarbose should not be given concomitantly with Orlica Capsule
- Orlica Capsule increases the effect of medicines used to thin the blood such as warfarin or any other anticoagulants and can lead to increased risk of bleeding.
- The absorption of fat soluble vitamin (A,D,K,E) is impaired when used along with Orlica Capsule.
- Effect of amiodarone (used to treat irregular heart beat) is decreased when used concomitantly with Orlica Capsule.
- Medicines used to treat fits such as valproate, lamotrigine effect is altered when taken along with Orlica Capsule.
- Medicine used to treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) such as Lamivudine and medicine use to treat mood instability like citalopram, olanzapine, benzodiazepine should be given with Orlica Capsule.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Orlica 120 MG
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Orlica 120 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Orlica Capsule make me constipated?
Q: How long should I take Orlica Capsule?
- Beacita 120mg Capsules, hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Beacita 120mg Capsules, hard - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]