Onshi 100mg Tablets
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Onshi 100 MG Description
Onshi 100mg Tab contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone.
|You Save||₹15.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY|
Check more medicines with composition as Progesterone(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Onshi 100 MG
It is used in combination with estrogen to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women who have an intact uterus which is known as hormone replacement therapy.
Contraindications of Onshi 100 MG
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of the medicine
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer
- If you experience vaginal bleeding
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes)
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke
- If you have liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Onshi 100 MG
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (sudden warmth feeling over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Onshi 100 MG
Can I take Onshi 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Onshi 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Onshi 100mg Tab should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Onshi 100mg Tab?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Onshi 100mg Tab?
It is unknown if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids
- You notice changes in breast or nipple
- You have liver problems
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma
- You have or had depression
- You have asthma
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases
- Your skin is sensitive to light
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin
- You notice visual disturbance
Mode of Action of Onshi 100 MG
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. This medicine replenishes the female hormone ie Progesterone which is required for normal functioning of the body....
Directions for Use of Onshi 100 MG
- Onshi 100mg Tab must be taken as directed by your doctor
- Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Onshi 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin)
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir)
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine)
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine)
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone)
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam)
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine)
Interactions with food items
Onshi 100mg Tab should not be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Onshi 100 MG
- Onshi 100mg Tab does not require any special conditions for storage
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Onshi 100 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking this medicine?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer
- Check your breast regularly for changes in nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in chest or pain in legs and inability to walk
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Progesterone?
- Yes, if you are going to have a surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots...
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed