Oniz O Syrup 60ml
By REMEDIES PHARMA
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oniz O Syrup 60ml Description
Oniz O Syrup 60ml is an antibiotic medicine. It contains ofloxacin and ornidazole as active ingredients. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic t
o this medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|Contains||Ofloxacin + Ornidazole|
|Uses||Diarrhoea due to mixed infection|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Oniz O Syrup 60ml is used in adult patients to treat diarrhoea due to mixed infection.
Contraindications of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
If you have an allergy to Ofloxacin, Ornidazole or any of the ingredients of Oniz O Syrup 60ml .
Side effects of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Precautions and Warnings of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Can I take the Oniz O Syrup 60ml during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Oniz O Syrup 60ml , as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Oniz O Syrup 60ml while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of Oniz O Syrup 60ml if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you whether to use this medicine or not after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Oniz O Syrup 60ml ?
You may feel sleepy, dizziness, visual disturbance, fits, body stiffness or loss of consciousness while taking the Oniz O Syrup 60ml . Hence, avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Oniz O Syrup 60ml ?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment with the Oniz O Syrup 60ml , it can impair your driving ability.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of the tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from the tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerves, to and from the brain and spinal cord and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on the face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Oniz O Syrup 60ml works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
- Oniz O Syrup 60ml should be taken as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- Do not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, cimetidine and multivitamins with zinc.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) like ibugesic and aspirin.
- Medicines are used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or COPD like theophylline.
- Medicines are used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Insulin, Glyburide and Glibenclamide.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Medicines are used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxants) like vecuronium bromide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like lithium.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Store Oniz O Syrup 60ml in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Oniz O Syrup 60ml
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, nausea, dizziness and hot and cold flushes. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Oniz O Syrup 60ml , then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Oniz O Syrup 60ml , then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Oniz O Syrup 60ml ?
A: You are supposed to take the Oniz O Syrup 60ml as per the prescribed dosage duration by your physician.
Q: What is the use of Oniz O Syrup 60ml ?
A: Oniz O Syrup 60ml is used in adult patients for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed