By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Onidaz Tab contains Ornidazole. It is an anti-infective medicine.
Uses of Onidaz Tab
- For the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections of different body parts like stomach, liver, intestine, brain, urinary tract, genitals and skin
Contraindications of Onidaz Tab
- If you have an allergic reaction to Ornidazole or other medicine belonging to the same family like Metronidazole or any ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Onidaz Tab
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rashes and itching
Precautions and Warnings of Onidaz Tab
Can I take Onidaz Tab during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine and effects during pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used until considered essential for your condition and prescribed by your doctor. It should not be used in early pregnancy.
Can I take Onidaz Tab while breastfeeding?
The effects of this medicine on a breastfed infant is not clear. Therefore, a decision of whether to discontinue breastfeeding or the medicine should be taken by doctor after close examination of necessity of ornidazole treatment for nursing mother over the benefit of breastfeeding to infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Onidaz Tab?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, giddiness or temporary loss of consciousness and fits. Thus, be careful and alert while driving and operating any machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Onidaz Tab?
You should avoid alcohol intake during the treatment and for at least 3 days after discontinuing the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a liver or kidney problem, you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are suffering from fits, seizures, convulsions or have issues like multiple sclerosis
Mode of Action of Onidaz Tab
How Does It Work?
It acts by interacting with the DNA of the microorganism and interferes with DNA replication, growth of microorganism and metabolic processes and thus, disrupts the microorganism responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Onidaz Tab
- Take this medicine as a whole as instructed by your doctor after your meals
Interactions of Onidaz Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Ornidazole can increase the blood-thinning effects of certain oral anticoagulant, your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly
- This medicine can prolong the muscle relaxant effect of medicines like vecuronium bromide
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines like lithium used to treat depression, Cimetidine as antacids, antiepileptic medicine used to treat seizures and convulsions like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Storage and disposal of Onidaz Tab
- Store it below 30°C protected from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Onidaz Tab
- Symptoms of overdose are very similar to the side effects of this medicine. It may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth, etc. Sometimes even stomach and abdominal cramps
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any specific precaution I need to be careful before taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor if you have taken cholera vaccine or have a scheduled appointment to take cholera vaccine, you have planned surgery, operation or dental procedure.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved