Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg Description
Ondero Met tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ondero Met tablet is a combination medicine containing linagliptin and metformin as its acti
ve components. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. This medicine works by increasing insulin production and restoring the natural response of the body to insulin. This not only controls your blood sugar levels but also reduces the risk of other health conditions associated with increased blood sugar. Ondero Met tablet should be taken in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid missing a dose or consuming it more than the prescribed dose. While taking this medicine, it is essential to make certain lifestyle modifications such as consuming a healthy and balanced diet, staying active, quitting smoking and regularly checking your blood sugar. This may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health.
|You Save||₹21.48 (12% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Linagliptin(2.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Low blood sugar level, allergic reaction, altered taste, nausea|
Uses of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
Contraindications of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
Side effects of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
- Low blood sugar level
- Allergic reaction
- Altered taste
Precautions and Warnings of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
- Ondero Met tablet usually does not affect your driving ability. However, in case you experience the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, vision disturbances or sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. ...
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in the car while driving. Avoid consuming sugar-free at such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney-related problem, pancreas disorder, Type 1 diabetes, etc.
- You are already taking any other anti-diabetic medications.
- You suffer from heart problems like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You develop symptoms of lactic acidosis like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, fatigue, difficulty breathing.
- You notice symptoms like dehydration, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever.
- It is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age and caution is advised while giving it to the elderly, above 80 years.
Mode of Action of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
How Does It Work?
- Ondero Met tablet works by the combined action of both the active ingredients. Metformin works by lowering down the production of glucose in the liver, delaying glucose absorption in the intestine and increasing insulin sensitivity....
- Linagliptin works by increasing the production of insulin from the pancreas and lowering down the hormones that raise the blood sugar levels. Thus, reducing both post-meal and fasting blood sugar levels which helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels....
Directions for Use of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
- It must be taken as directed by the doctor, swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It must be taken with or after having a meal. It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
Interactions with other medicines
- Ondero Met tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please inform your doctor if you are undergoing other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Simultaneous use of any other anti-diabetic medications such as insulin and Ondero Met tablet may alter its potency. It may require dose adjustment also.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are water pills, corticosteroids, thyroxine and medicines which affect the brain functions, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-HIV medicines, hypertensive medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
- Store in a cool and dry place, below 30°C.
- Keep it away from children and pets in the original package.
- Avoid using expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Ondero Met 2.5mg/500mg
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of diet I should follow along with diabetic medications?
- Diet should Include fibrous and low fat with adequate protein, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates.
- You can include whole grains, nuts, fresh fruits, green vegetables and healthy oils.
- Drink plenty of water (approx. 8-10 glasses of water).
- Maintain the meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals.
- Avoid packaged and fried food, limit alcohol intake and try to consume your last meal early.
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I must follow to manage diabetes?
- Plan the diet, consume a balanced diet.
- Try to reduce weight if you are overweight or obese.
- Exercise regularly and try to stay active throughout the day.
- Monitor your blood glucose regularly and visit the doctor.
- Take the medicines on time and for the prescribed duration.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Ondero Met tablet?
Q: What are the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia?
- Trajenta® [Internet]. Trajenta®.in. 2021 [cited 23 July 2021]
- Jentadueto 2.5 mg/1,000 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Hormones and Related Drugs: 234-335.
- Jentadueto 2.5 mg/1,000 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 July 2021]