Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet Description
Omnix Cv Tablet contains a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Omnix Cv Tablet is a higher antibiotic used for the treatment of severe
infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to treatment failure.
Uses of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Omnix Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- Loose stools
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of an allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition.
Mode of Action of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Omnix Cv Tablet can increase the levels of carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
Storage and disposal of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Omnix Cv Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packing in order to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.