Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omnix Cv Tablet contains a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Omnix Cv Tablet is a higher antibiotic used for the treatment of severe i
nfections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to treatment failure....
Uses of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Omnix Cv Tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Omnix Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- Loose stools
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Can I take Omnix Cv Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Omnix Cv Tablet during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if it is needed and considered safe for you. Consult your doctor before taking any medicines during pregnancy.
Can I take Omnix Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on a breastfeeding mother. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother, he may give you this medicine only if it is needed. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omnix Cv Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Omnix Cv Tablet as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Omnix Cv Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Omnix Cv Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of an allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition.
Mode of Action of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Omnix Cv Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by you
Interactions of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Omnix Cv Tablet can increase the levels of carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
Storage and disposal of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Omnix Cv Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packing in order to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omnix Cv 200mg Tablet
If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of Omnix Cv Tablet, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor imme
diately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for you
r next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Omnix Cv Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Omnix Cv Tablet?
A: No, Omnix Cv Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is the use of Omnix Cv Tablet?
A: Omnix Cv Tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It is an antibiotic that fights mainly against the bacteria.
Q: Is Omnix Cv Tablet used for urine infection?
A: Yes, Omnix Cv Tablet can be used to treat urine infection, if the infection is caused by an organism that is sensitive to cefixime. Thus, on the basis of causative organisms, your infection can be treated. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine based on his diagnosis.
Last Updated on: 15 May 2021 | 11:11 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved