Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
5.9g Oral Powder in Sachet
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omez Insta Sachet Mint contains Omeprazole as an active medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications used to reduce the amount of stomach acid production. Omez Insta Sachet Mint is used to treat heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers due to stomach acid reflux disease. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. It should be taken without food. Do not store the reconstituted solution, consume it immediately. You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache as some of its side effects. If these side effects do not go away normally or get worsened you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital/clinic.
Uses of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
Omez Insta Sachet Mint is used to treat ulcers of food pipe due to stomach acids.
Contraindications of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
- If you are allergic to Omeprazole or any other ingredient of Omez Insta Sachet Mint.
- If you are on nelfinavir, an antiviral medicine used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal growth of tissue in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
Can I take Omez Insta Sachet Mint during pregnancy?
Omez Insta Sachet Mint can be taken during pregnancy under medical supervision. It is recommended to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Omez Insta Sachet Mint while breastfeeding?
Omez Insta Sachet Mint passes into human milk, but in small amounts and may not harm the baby. Hence, Omez Insta Sachet Mint can be used while breastfeeding under medical supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omez Insta Sachet Mint?
Omez Insta Sachet Mint has no effect on the ability to drive. However, if you experience headaches, dizziness after consuming this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Omez Insta Sachet Mint?
You must avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse. Thus, avoid drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease.
- You notice abnormal weight loss.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are or were on any medication.
Mode of Action of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump present in the stomach wall is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole present in Omez Insta Sachet Mint binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
- Omez Insta Sachet Mint should be taken on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal.
- Pour the entire contents of a single-dose sachet of Omez Insta Sachet Mint into a glass of water and stir to dissolve. Do not use hot water.
- Omez Insta Sachet Mint should be taken immediately after dissolving in water.
Interactions of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of nelfinavir and atazanavir used to treat HIV infection decreases when used concomitantly with Omez Insta Sachet Mint
- Concomitant use of antifungals such as posaconazole and anticancer medicine like erlotinib effect may be altered with Omez Insta Sachet Mint, hence it should be avoided.
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin (used to treat heart failure) along with Omez Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like clopidogrel (lipid-lowering medicine), cilostazol (blood thinner), phenytoin (seizure), saquinavir (anti-viral), tacrolimus, methotrexate (immunocompromised), rifampicin (anti-tubercular), clarithromycin (antibiotic) and voriconazole (anti-fungal) should be used cautiously.Read less
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Food delays effect of Omez Insta Sachet Mint
Storage and disposal of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- The reconstituted solution should be used immediately.
Dosage of Omez Insta Mint Flav Sach 5.9gm
Excess of Omez Insta Sachet Mint can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea and headache. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Omez Insta Sachet Mint then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I take Omez Insta Sachet Mint?
A: Always take Omez Insta Sachet Mint as advised by your doctor at fixed time to gain optimal benefits. You should take it without food. Pour the entire contents of a single-dose sachet of Omez Insta Sachet Mint into a glass of water and stir to dissolve. Do not use hot water. Consume the reconstituted solution immediately.
Q: Can I stop taking Omez Insta Sachet Mint when my symptoms are relieved or when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Omez Insta Sachet Mint. Incomplete treatment might result in reoccurrence of the symptoms and your condition may worsen. To gain optimal benefit it is advised to take it for the prescribed duration.
Q: What measures should I follow to prevent the symptoms?
- Consume smaller but frequent meals.
- Avoid spicy and other foods that trigger heartburn.
- Try to lose weight if you are overweight.
- Do not eat within 3-4 hours of going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water.
Q: Can Omez Insta Sachet Mint cause constipation?
A: Yes, Omez Insta Sachet Mint can cause constipation along with the desired effect, though not everyone experiences it. Talk to your doctor if it bothers you.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved