Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet Description
Olmezest AM 40 tablet is a blood pressure lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of amlodipine and olmesartan as its active ingredients. Thi
medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time every day for better blood pressure control along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications.
- Olmesar A 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 311.00₹ 264.3511% CHEAPER₹ 17.62/Tablet
- Olmetime Am 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.75₹ 118.7940% CHEAPER₹ 11.88/Tablet
- Olkem Am 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 388.00₹ 329.80₹ 21.99/Tablet
- Olmax Am 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 341.00₹ 289.853% CHEAPER₹ 19.32/Tablet
- Olmark A 40mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 249.00₹ 211.65₹ 21.17/Tablet
- Olcure Am 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.00₹ 216.7527% CHEAPER₹ 14.45/Tablet
- Winbp Am 40mg Tablet 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 435.98₹ 370.58₹ 24.71/Tablet
- Olvance Am 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 235.00₹ 199.75₹ 19.98/Tablet
- Olsar A 40 Tablet 15 No'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 243.60₹ 207.0630% CHEAPER₹ 13.8/Tablet
- Olmy A 40mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 263.75₹ 205.72₹ 20.57/Tablet
Uses of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Contraindications of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or olmesartan or any ingredients of Olmezest AM 40 tablet.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have any medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease or any kind of heart disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from severe low blood pressure or experienced shock recently.
Side effects of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
- Puffy face
Precautions and Warnings of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying heart condition like liver or kidney-related disorder etc.
- You experience any unusual symptoms like difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips.
- You have very low blood pressure.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have any heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
- You have diabetes related kidney problem and taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren.
- You are taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren and have kidney problem due to diabetes.
Mode of Action of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Amlodipine works by reducing the force at which the heart muscles contract thus reducing blood pressure.
- Olmesartan works by blocking angiotensin II in the body. Angiotensin II is a natural enzyme present in blood and is secreted by the kidneys. Angiotensin II plays a role in maintaining blood pressure by acting on the blood vessels and release of certain agents that control the volume of blood....
Directions for Use of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Interactions of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Olmezest AM 40 tablet works or Olmezest AM 40 tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like pain killers, cholesterol-reducing medicines, blood thinners, water pills, anti-depressants like lithium, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Olmezest AM 40 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmezest Am 40mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Olmezest AM 40 tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have ever suffered from heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure.
- It is essential to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to be pregnant or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines you are already taking before starting the treatment.