Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet Description
Olmat Amh Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing amlodipine, olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to control high blood pressure. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic
to it, are more than 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting Olmat Amh Tablet, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines you take. Also, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹37.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amlodipine(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Contraindications of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or Olmesartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredients of Olmat Amh Tablet.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low pulse or heart output, etc.
- If you have low potassium, low sodium, high calcium or high uric acid levels in your blood.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have low blood pressure.
Side effects of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
Precautions and Warnings of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from any heart diseases.
- You have asthma or any other allergies.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are suffering from an autoimmune condition called lupus.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You experience severe diarrhoea causing to weight loss or eye pain or reduced vision.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You experience any skin reactions (skin rash, redness, sunburns) on being exposed to sunlight.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Olmat Amh Tablet is not recommended for patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olmat Amh Tablet works by the combined action of all three main components–Amlodipine, Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Amlodipine and Olmesartan work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Hydrochlorothiazide works by helping the body get rid of extra fluid or water through urine, eventually lowering your blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Interactions of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Olmat Amh Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Olmat Amh Tablet along with lithium (used in psychiatric illness) is not recommended. If the use is necessary, your doctor may monitor your blood lithium levels regularly.
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Simultaneous use of this medicine is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine....
- Medicines like Spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along and thus they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) along with this medicine should be avoided.
- Medicines like Baclofen, aspirin, ibuprofen, amifostine, phenobarbital, colesevelam, simvastatin, antacids (aluminium magnesium hydroxide), ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), rifampicin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), verapamil (used to treat heart problems), tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with Olmat Amh Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Dosage of Olmat Amh 40mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should Olmat Amh Tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: Can I stop taking Olmat Amh Tablet?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- Sevikar HCT - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Sevikar HCT - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Amlodipine + Olmesartan Medoxomil + Hydrochlorothiazide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]