Oflotas Oz Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflotas-OZ tablet is an antibiotic that is used for the treatment of diarrhea of mixed infection in adults. This medicine is a combination of two medicines, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Components of this medicine are associated with serious side effects such as tendon ruptures, peripheral neuropathy (pins, needles and abnormal pain sensations) and CNS side effects. In case you experience any of this, discontinue this medicine and inform your doctor. Avoid using this medicine if you have muscle weakness. Also, tell your doctor about a detailed medical history and all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. Otherwise, it can result in the failure of therapy.
Uses of Oflotas Oz Tablet
To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of Oflotas Oz Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Oflotas Oz Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflotas Oz Tablet
Can I take Oflotas-OZ tablet during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Oflotas-OZ tablet if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Oflotas-OZ tablet while breastfeeding?
Oflotas-OZ tablet can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oflotas-OZ tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination after taking Oflotas-OZ tablet. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Oflotas-OZ tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with Oflotas-OZ tablet as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea.
- You have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience fits or have a history of fits.
- You feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have a kidney problem or heart problem.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Oflotas Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
Oflotas-OZ tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components. Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes involved in the replication of bacteria and thus inhibits their growth. Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
Directions for Use of Oflotas Oz Tablet
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Oflotas Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Oflotas-OZ tablet contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcer like cimetidine can alter the effect of this medicine when used together.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline when used together can interfere with the effect of this medicine.
- There is an increase in the risk of bleeding if taken along with blood thinners such as warfarin.
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, or anti-diabetic medicines like glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Medicines used to treat psychotic medicines like Lithium when used together can alter the effect of this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital can interfere with the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Oflotas Oz Tablet
- Store Oflotas-OZ tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Oflotas Oz Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Oflotas-OZ tablets include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking Oflotas-OZ tablet?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: For how many days do I need to take Oflotas-OZ tablet?
A: Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Does Oflotas-OZ tablet interact with other medicines?
A: Yes, Oflotas-OZ tablet can interact with other medicines like antacids, multivitamins, cimetidine, warfarin and some antidiabetic medicines.
Q: Is Oflotas-OZ tablet safe for use?
A: Yes, Oflotas-OZ tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own, complete the course which has been given by your doctor.
Q: Can I give Oflotas-OZ ablet to my 16 years old son?
A: The effectiveness and safety of this medicine in pediatric patients and adolescents below the age of 18 years is not established. Use of this medicine below the age of 18 years is not recommended.
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved