O2 Suspension 30ml
O2 Suspension 30ml Description
O2 Suspension is an antibiotic medicine. It contains ofloxacin and ornidazole as active ingredients. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic to thi
s medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of O2 Suspension 30ml
Contraindications of O2 Suspension 30ml
Side effects of O2 Suspension 30ml
Precautions and Warnings of O2 Suspension 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of the tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from the tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerves, to and from the brain and spinal cord and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on the face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of O2 Suspension 30ml
How Does It Work?
- O2 Suspension works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of O2 Suspension 30ml
- O2 Suspension should be taken as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- Do not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of O2 Suspension 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, cimetidine and multivitamins with zinc.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) like ibugesic and aspirin.
- Medicines are used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or COPD like theophylline.
- Medicines are used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Insulin, Glyburide and Glibenclamide.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Medicines are used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxants) like vecuronium bromide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like lithium.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interaction.