Novastat 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine belongs to the statin group of medicines. It is used to decrease the low-density lipoprotein in the body, commonly referred to as bad cholestorol.
Uses of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
- Reduce stroke and heart attack
Contraindications of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
- Liver/kidney problems
- Allergic reaction to rosuvastatin
- Abnormal liver tests
- If you are taking cyclosporin
- If you are addicted to alcohol
Side effects of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
- Common side effects of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S include headache, stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, constipation and heartburn
- Serious side effects include myopathy in which symptoms include fever, lethargy and muscle pain
- In the case of blood in the urine, the patient must report to the doctor immediately
- Jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Tests to monitor liver functioning have to be taken periodically
- Rhabdomyolysis, a condition with severe muscle pain, fever and soreness. It leads to the breakdown of muscles and can be quite serious, leading to kidney failure. If you notice dark coloured urine, fever and muscle pain, you must contact your doctor immediatelyread less
Precautions and Warnings of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
Can I take Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S during pregnancy?
Kindly avoid using this medication during pregnancy as it is unsafe for the unborn baby. Women of childbearing age should use contraceptives while on this medicine.
Can I take Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S while breastfeeding?
A small amount of the medicine might pass into the breast milk. Hence it is best to avoid the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S?
Yes. Rosuvastatin does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S?
Consuming alcohol along with the medicine can damage your liver further, hence is not advised.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have taken fusidic acid in the last 7 days or are currently on a medication of fusidic acid
- You drink alcohol regularly
- You have liver/kidney problems
- You suffer from muscle aches/pain or have a family history of muscle ailments
- You've experienced muscle problems before as a side effect of cholesterol-lowering medicine
- Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own
Mode of Action of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
How Does It Work?
Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S inhibits HMG-CoA reductase which is primarily responsible for building up cholesterol in the body. Thus, its uses include lowering the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increasing the good cholesterol (HDL, high- density lipoprotein) in the body.
Directions for Use of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S should be take at the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
Interactions with other medicines
There is increased risk of myopathy when this medicine is used with other lipid-lowering medicines. Other medicines like cyclosporin, erythromycin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing levels of statins. After taking this medicine, within two hours any antacids like aluminum hydroxide should not be taken.
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be very limited, as it interacts with the medicine.
Other general Interactions
- Alcohol addiction
- Liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
Storage and disposal of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
Store this medicine at room temperature between 68-77°F (20-25°C). Check the expiry date and don't store it beyond that. If you are not using it, dispose of the medicine. Consult your pharmacist for the correct method of disposal.
Dosage of Novastat 10mg Tab 15`S
The usual side effects are noticed in case of an overdose. In case of an overdose, consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. In case it is time for the upcoming scheduled dose, kindly skip the missed dose and take the following dose. Do not take a double dose within 12 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does the medicine take to start working on the ailment?
A: Though the onset time of this medicine is unknown due to limited availability of resources, results start to show in 2-4 weeks when the LDL levels start coming down. However, the same may vary among individuals. Based on this, your doctor may adjust the dosage to help you reach your cholesterol target.
Q: What precautions must be followed when you are on the medicine?
- Avoid eating foods high in fat and exercise regularly for visible results
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding or have a kidney/liver disorder
Q: What should I do if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- Take the medicine every single day at the same time
- Connect it some regular activity you do every day such as brushing so that you don’t forget to take it
- Set an alarm
- Mark it in the calendar
- Keep a pillbox with the days of the week mentioned on it
Q: Can I recommend this medicine to people with a similar condition as mine?
A: This medicine should not be recommended to anyone, even if their symptoms are similar to yours. It should be used only if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I continue the next course with the existing prescription?
A: Do not continue the course without doctor's advice. A fresh prescription is required to continue the dosage.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved