Norflokem Tz Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Norflokem TZ tablet is an anti-amoebic and anti-diarrhoeal medicine. It contains a combination of norfloxacin and tinidazole as active substances. This medicine is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to bacteria, amoeba or mixed organisms. It should be avoided if you are allergic to this medicine or if you develop swelling or pain in your limbs which is associated with the use of similar medicines. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Take Norflokem TZ tablet in the exact dose and duration as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine. Norflokem TZ tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age....
|You Save||₹18.20 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Norfloxacin(400.0 Mg),Tinidazole(600.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Amoebic, bacterial, or mixed organisms diarrhoea|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
|Classification||ANTI-AMOEBIC AND ANTI-DIARRHOEAL|
Check more medicines with composition as Norfloxacin(400.0 Mg) + Tinidazole(600.0 Mg)
Uses of Norflokem Tz Tablet
Norflokem TZ tablet is used in the treatment of diarrhoea caused by infections due to bacteria, amoeba or mixed organisms.
Contraindications of Norflokem Tz Tablet
- If you are allergic to norfloxacin, tinidazole, or any other components of Norflokem TZ tablet.
- If you have a history of a tendon (tissue joining muscle to bone) infection or tendon rupture or damage with any medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a brain and nerves-related problem.
- If you have a history or any disorder related to blood.
- If you are suffering from muscle weakness due to myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Norflokem Tz Tablet
- Stomach cramps or pain
Precautions and Warnings of Norflokem Tz Tablet
Can I take Norflokem TZ tablet during pregnancy?
Norflokem TZ tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Norflokem TZ tablet while breastfeeding?
Norflokem TZ tablet passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Norflokem TZ tablet?
Norflokem TZ tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Norflokem TZ tablet?
Alcohol and other preparations containing ethanol or propylene glycol should be avoided during treatment with Norflokem TZ tablet and 3 days following the treatment. It may produce symptoms like stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, and skin redness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have tendon or nerve problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm, and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung.
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- You have fits, restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion, and hallucinations or are suffering from a brain disorder.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues.
- You have a condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as Norflokem TZ tablet may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You are above 60 years of age, as older people may be at the risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
- Patient on this treatment should drink enough water to keep the body hydrated as this medicine increases the chances of crystal formation in urine.
- Norflokem TZ tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
Mode of Action of Norflokem Tz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Norflokem TZ tablet kills bacteria and protozoa that are responsible for diarrhoea. Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that damages the bacterial DNA and eventually kills them. It helps in clearing different types of bacterial infections. ...
- Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent that produces free radicals and damages the cells and DNA of protozoa.
Directions for Use of Norflokem Tz Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow Norflokem TZ tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not break, cut or chew this medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Norflokem Tz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Norflokem TZ tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with theophylline, may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking, and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use with blood thinners like warfarin, coumadin, etc. may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide, along with this medicine, can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron, & zinc), antacids, sucralfate, and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....
- Concomitant use of Norflokem TZ tablet along with Nitrofurantoin (used to treat infection) is not recommended as it may alter the effects of Norfloxacin.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.), may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taking this tablet along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Medicines like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin (used in epilepsy), Rifampin (used in tuberculosis), Cholestyramine (used to decrease blood cholesterol levels), Oxytetracycline (used in infections) decreases the effectiveness of Norflokem TZ tablet....
- Medicines like Cimetidine (used in stomach and intestinal ulcers) and Ketoconazole (fungal infections) increases the chances of side effects of Norflokem TZ tablet in the body.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fluorouracil, Indapamide, Digoxin, and Lithium should be used cautiously along with Norflokem TZ tablet.
Interactions with food items
Norflokem TZ tablets should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products.
Storage and disposal of Norflokem Tz Tablet
- Store Norflokem TZ tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Norflokem Tz Tablet
In case of an overdose of Norflokem TZ tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would help if you never missed your dose of Norflokem TZ tablet as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Norflokem TZ tablet be used for diarrhoea?
A: Yes, Norflokem TZ tablet is used to treat infectious diarrhoea caused by bacterial, amoebic or mixed organisms.
Q: Can a diabetic patient take Norflokem TZ tablet?
A: There are chances of a decrease in blood glucose levels with Norflokem TZ tablet. Hence, you should always consult your doctor before using this medicine in diabetic patients.
Q: Can I have Norflokem TZ tablet during the 9th month of pregnancy?
A: Norflokem TZ tablet should be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety and efficacy. You should always consult a doctor before starting any medicine and should avoid self-medicating.
Q: Can Norflokem TZ tablet be taken for the long term?
A: No, these tablets should only be consumed for the duration advised by your doctor. If you use it for more or less duration than prescribed, there are chances that the next dose of this medicine won't be effective due to bacteria's development of resistance.
Q: What is Norflokem TZ tablet used for?
A: Norflokem TZ tablet is a combination of tinidazole and norfloxacin. It is used to treat diarrhoea, caused due to an infection. It works by killing the bacteria and protozoa responsible for diarrhoea.
Q: Can Norflokem TZ be taken empty stomach?
A: Yes, Norflokem TZ tablet can be taken empty stomach if it is recommended by your doctor. This medicine can be taken with or without food. However, you should always take this medicine exactly as advised by your doctor.
Q: Is Norflokem TZ and Ciplox TZ the same?
A: No, Norflokem TZ and Ciplox TZ are not the same. Norflokem TZ is a combination of norfloxacin and tinidazole used in the treatment of diarrhoea due to bacteria, amoebic or mixed organisms. Ciplox TZ is a combination of ciprofloxacin and tinidazole used for the treatment of gynaecological infections, teeth and urine infections, lung infections and abdominal infections such as acute diarrhoea or dysentery.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After