Nmsd 30ml Suspension
By EISAI PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Suspension in Bottle
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nmsd 30ml Suspension Description
Nmsd Suspension is a combination medicine containing norfloxacin and metronidazole as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of loose motions caused due to mixed bacterial infections.
|You Save||₹1.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metronidazole + Norfloxacin|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Metronidazole + Norfloxacin
Uses of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
Nmsd Suspension is used for the treatment of loose motions caused due to mixed bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to norfloxacin, metronodazole or or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a known history of tendon rupture or tendinitis (develop swelling or pain in your limbs) associated with the use of norfloxacin or antimicrobial agents similar to it.
- If you have a condition of muscle weakness
- If you are known to have low immunity or ulcers or holes (perforations) in the gastrointestinal tract
- If you are pregnant (first trimester) or are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from a bacterial infection in the vagina.
Side effects of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
Precautions and Warnings of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
Can I take Nmsd Suspension during pregnancy?
Nmsd Suspension should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Nmsd Suspension while breastfeeding?
A component form Nmsd passes into the breastmilk, hence it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Nmsd Suspension and for at least for a day after the treatment has been discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nmsd Suspension?
You may feel dizzy, drowsy after taking Nmsd Suspension. So, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nmsd Suspension?
- The consumption of alcohol along with Nmsd Suspension can lead to the chances of disulfiram-like reaction where you may experience low blood pressure, hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and sometimes giddiness....
- It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment. You should not be consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least for 48 hours after the treatment with Nmsd.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from blood disorders like blood-fluid imbalance (dyscrasias) or porphyria.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You experience infections after taking the Nmsd.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations like pins and needles).
- You have liver or kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- You are suffering from Cockayne syndrome (growth retardation, impaired development of the brain and sensitivity to sunlight).
- You are an alcoholic and must avoid alcohol during the treatment and at least after 48 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
- You have tendon or nerve problems
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm and slow heartbeat.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
Mode of Action of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that inhibits the production of the genetic material of bacteria. Thus, various substances essential for reproduction or survival of the bacteria cannot be produced by it. This affects their multiplication and they are ultimately killed....
- Metronidazole acts by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites which are responsible for infection by interrupting the DNA and causing the DNA strands to break.
Directions for Use of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
- Shake it well before use. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Take Nmsd Suspension with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nmsd Suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nmsd 30ml Suspension
- Symptoms of an overdose of Nmsd Suspension include nausea, confusion, dizziness, seizures, etc. In case of overdose contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nmsd Suspension?
A: Nmsd Suspension is used for the treatment of loose motions caused due to mixed bacterial infections.
Q: What is the composition of Nmsd Suspension?
A: Nmsd Suspension is a combination medicine containing norfloxacin and metronidazole as its active ingredients.
- NORFLOX Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Metronidazole 500 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Metronidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Flagyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed