By KLM LABORATORIES PVT LTD
20g Gel in Tube
30 days return policyRead More
Nioclean Gel contains a combination of Clindamycin and Nicotinamide. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and Nicotinamide or Niacin is a form of vitamin B3. It helps in reducing acne, whiteheads and blackheads and also reduces acne scars and prevent acne or pimples. Skin dryness, itching and burning sensation are few side-effects you may experience while using this gel. Avoid using makeup in excess, other products on your skin when using this gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not pop pimples as that leads to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of pimple and acne scars.
Uses of Nioclean Gel
Nioclean Gel is used in the treatment of bacterial infection and inflammation of skin such as acne, whiteheads, pimples and blackheads.
Contraindications of Nioclean Gel
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Nicotinamide or any other components of Nioclean Gel
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Nioclean Gel
- Skin irritation
- Dry Skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Nioclean Gel
Can I use Nioclean Gel during pregnancy?
Nioclean Gel is applied to the skin. The quantity that might get absorbed from the skin is too little, so the chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this gel should be used only under medical supervision as its components are known to be unsafe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. In case you are prescribed with this gel avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Nioclean Gel while breastfeeding?
Nioclean Gel should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Nioclean Gel?
No information is available on the ability to drive as it is to be applied topically.
Can I consume alcohol with Nioclean Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Nioclean Gel. However, alcohol is known to worsen the infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed with this ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation and peeling of the skin.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and nose.
- This gel should not come into contact with the eyes, mouth, nostrils or internal surfaces of skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine wash with immediately.
Mode of Action of Nioclean Gel
How Does It Work?
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used to treat various bacterial infection of the skin. It inhibits the growth and multiplication of the acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is acting as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates the amount of acne-causing oil being produced by the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimple, acne and other skin problems.read less
Directions for Use of Nioclean Gel
- Use Nioclean Gel as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply it on a skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this gel.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Nioclean Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Nioclean Gel with other medicines. However, as this gel contains clindamycin & nicotinamide, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- This gel is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with that. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended.read less
Storage and disposal of Nioclean Gel
- Store Nioclean Gel at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or the ones no longer needed.
- Do not dispose off the medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Nioclean Gel
As Nioclean Gel is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any application of Nioclean Gel, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next application, skip the missed application and continue with your regular schedule. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nioclean Gel be used in children?
A: The safety and effectiveness of this gel in children under the age of 12 have not been studied.
Q: Can I use this gel in viral infections?
A: Clindamycin is an antibacterial medicine and is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Nioclean Gel good for oily skin?
A: Yes, it is good for all skin types. It helps in controlling the excessive oil production in the skin.
Q: How to apply Nioclean Gel?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry.
- Wash your hands before applying this gel.
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while applying it.
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Does Nioclean Gel work on pores?
A: The size of skin pores is usually inherited and this gel may directly not affect the size of pores. However, Nicotinamide present in this gel is known to control excessive oil production, which can help in reducing the pore size due to acne and pimples.
Q: Is Nioclean Gel good for pimples?
A: Yes, it is very helpful in controlling pimples and also helps in lightening the after marks.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved