Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicip Md Tablet is used to relieve inflammatory condition including joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, and post operative painful condition and fever. It contains nimesulide as its active i
ngredient. It belongs to class of medicine known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's). Take this tablet along with food to avaoid stomach upset. This tablet is not advised to be used in children below 12 years of age. Always consult to your doctor all about your medical condition before using the medicine....
Uses of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- To treat painful joint disorders caused due to inflammatory reactions osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
- To provide relief from the pain of minor strain and sprain.
- To recover from pain after surgery or fever.
Contraindications of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to nimesulide or any other ingredients in this tablet.
- If you have a history of or are suffering from liver disease.
- If you have a history of or are suffering from severe kidney disease.
- If you have severe pumping disorders of the heart (a condition wherein the heart fails to pump the blood in required quantities to the body: chronic heart failure).
- If you have a history or are suffering from blood clotting disorder (the blood fails to clot, abnormal bleeding).
- If you have ulcers in your stomach or the first part of your small intestine (duodenum), a history of bleeding the digestive tract and the stomach, history of recurrent ulcers in the stomach.
Side effects of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Rashes on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
Can I take Nicip Md Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Nicip Md Tablet are known to be harmful for and produce adverse reactions in the developing foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women
Can I take Nicip Md Tablet while breastfeeding?
Nicip Md Tablet is not recommended during the breastfeeding, as the medicine may enter the breast milk and pass to the newborn leading to undesirable effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nicip Md Tablet?
It is not recommended to drive after taking Nicip Md Tablet, as it may cause dizziness and weakness which may hamper your ability to drive or operate complex machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicip Md Tablet?
No, it is not recommended to consume alcohol when taking Nicip MdTablet
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are planning for a pregnancy, as nimesulide can lead to fertility issues and thus is not recommended.
- You are planning for any surgery.
- You are allergic to nimesulide or any other inactive ingredients of this tablet.
- You are suffering from the digestive system related disorders like ulceration, sores or bleeding in the stomach, severe heart, kidney related disorders
- Consult your doctor if you experience allergic reactions, fast heartbeats, breathlessness, blood pressure fluctuation, increased sweating, and swelling on the body
- This medicine is to be administered to elderly patients with caution, as it is known to cause severe liver, kidney and heart-related disorders; increased internal bleeding in the stomach.
Mode of Action of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Nicip Md Tablet belongs to the class of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's). This medicine is predominantly used to relieve pain caused due to inflammatory reactions.
The active ingredient Nimesulide works by blocking a pathway that produces a chemical substance known as prostaglandin which is of key importance in the inflammatory pathway causing the typical symptoms of pain and swelling....
Directions for Use of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- This medicine is to be taken as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is recommended to take this medicine at a fixed time every day for the best results.
Interactions of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nicip Md Tablet works, or Nicip Md Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particularly if you are taking blood thinning medicines (warfarin), other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, water pills (furosemide), medicines that suppress your immune system, and oral antidiabetic medicines....Read more
Storage and disposal of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- Store it at [room temperature10-30°C] in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this tablet if its expiry date has passed.
Dosage of Nicip Md 100mg Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as advised by your doctor.
- An overdose of this tablet may lead to unwanted effects like tiredness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache with heartburn, bloating and gas. Severe overdose may lead to internal bleeding inthe stomach and digestive tract, raised blood pressure, sudden kidney failure, breathing disorder characterised by slow and inadequate breathing....Read more
- If you have taken too much of Nicip Md Tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule. Ma
ke sure there is a sufficient gap between the two doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nicip Md Tablet be taken for stomach ache?
A: Nicip Md Tablet is not recommended for stomach ache, it is anti-inflammatory and relieves pain in joint disorders and the post-surgery phase. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine, avoid self-medication.
Q: Should I take Nicip MdTablet empty stomach ?
A: No, take Nicip Md Tablet along with food to avoid the risk of stomach related problems like a stomach upset. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: Does Nicip Md Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Nicip Md Tablet generally does not cause weight gain. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine. Avoid self medication.
Q: Can I give Nicip Md Tablet to my 5-year-old child for a toothache?
A: Nicip Md Tablet is not recommended in children below 12 years of age. Please consult your child's paediatrician for an accurate advice.
- Nimesulide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Nimesulide | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Nimesulide -Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC). [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Nimesulide. CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Nimesulide- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 May 2021 | 04:06 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved