Neurofit 12 1200mg Tablets
Neurofit 12 1.2 G Description
Neurofit 12 1200 mg Tablet has many uses. One of the main uses of Neurofit 12 Tablets is to manage the symptoms of myoclonus (a movement disorder). It is also used in various conditions such as demen
tia, memory problems, Alzheimer’s disease, vertigo, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, and brain injury. Neurofit tablets manage dyslexia or learning disorders in children over eight. This tablet contains Piracetam as its single main ingredient. The mode of action of Neurofit 12 Tablets is to act on the nervous system and protect the central nervous system from shortness of oxygen. It helps in improving uncontrollable sudden jerky movements. In patients with severe recurrent venous thrombosis (blood clots in veins), using Neurofit 12 Tablets and Acenocoumarol can significantly reduce blood clots and various other factors involved in clotting. The results are better than using Acenocoumarol alone. Follow your doctor’s directions for using Neurofit 12 Tablets. Do not give this tablet to children below eight years without asking the doctor. Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, and diarrhoea are some common side effects of Neurofit 12 tablets. Consult the doctor if side effects do not subside and continue for a long duration or increase in severity. Do inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
|You Save||₹29.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ALZHEIMER DISEASE|
Uses of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
- As per CDSCO, Neurofit 12 Tablets are used in the following conditions-
- In the treatment of adult patients with myoclonus, irrespective of the cause. It should be used in combination with other anti-myoclonic medicines.
- Additionally, it can be used in various conditions like Alzheimer's disease, dementia (memory loss), memory problems, alcoholism, deep vein thrombosis (clots in the blood vessels), stroke, tardive dyskinesia (uncontrolled movements), dyslexia (learning disability), brain injury, and vertigo....
Contraindications of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to Piracetam or any ingredient of Neurofit 12 Tablet.
- If you have significant or serious kidney dysfunction. The levels of creatine should be checked regularly.
- If you have been diagnosed with bleeding in the brain.
- If you are diagnosed with a genetic condition known as Huntington's Chorea, which also causes movement disorder.
- If you are at risk of severe bleeding such as stomach ulcers, blood circulation problems, undergoing major surgery, head injuries, using medicines that increase bleeding, etc. Regular platelet count and clotting tests should be done....
- Note - do not try to stop Neurofit 12 medication suddenly, as it may lead to causing seizures in myoclonic patients.
Side effects of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
- Bleeding and bruising
- Agitation and anxiety
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
Other General Warnings
- You have any kidney dysfunction.
- You are an elderly person over the age of 65. The clearance of this medicine should be monitored.
- You were diagnosed with clinical depression.
- You have a previous history of heart failure.
- You are trying to conceive a baby.
- You have any fertility problems.
- You have any stomach issues.
- You notice any changes in your weight.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines and supplements while using Neurofit 12 Tablets.
Mode of Action of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
- Use the Neurofit 12 Tablets precisely as directed by your doctor
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage, which can lead to side effects.
- Do not crush, break, or chew Neurofit 12 Tablets.
- It is better to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water as soon as it is opened.
- Neurofit 12 Tablets should be taken with or without consuming the food
- Do not use this medicine with other medication without asking your doctor first.
- Do not suddenly stop using Neurofit 12 Tablets without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are using medicines that change the levels of thyroid hormone T3 and T4 along with Neurofit 12 Tablets. It can lead to side effects such as confusion, irritation, agitation, etc. ...
- If you are using benzodiazepines, MAO inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, or antipsychotics, Neurofit 12 Tablets can increase their potency, which can cause excessive side effects. The dose should be checked. ...
- Using other antiepileptics such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, etc., can slightly decrease the levels of Neurofit 12 Tablets in the plasma. So the dosages should be adjusted according to clinical response and blood levels if they are used together....
- The chances of Neurofit 12 Tablets interacting with other medicine, which can lead to changes in the concentration of Neurofit 12 Tablets is rare. This medicine is mostly removed from the body unchanged through urine....
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid having grapefruit or grapefruit juice during treatment with Neurofit 12 Tablets. Grapefruit can increase the levels of Neurofit 12 medicine in the body, increasing toxicity and side effects....
Storage and disposal of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
Dosage of Neurofit 12 1.2 G
Missed a Dose
- Winblad B. Piracetam: A review of Pharmacological Properties and clinical uses [Internet]. CNS drug reviews. Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2005 [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- Piracetam [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- Nootropil Tablets 1200 mg [Internet]. Nootropil Tablets 1200 mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (EMC). [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from:
- Abbaskhanian A, Ehteshami S, Sajjadi S, Rezai MS. Effects of piracetam on pediatric breath-holding spells: A randomised double-blind controlled trial [Internet]. Iranian Journal of child neurology. Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences; 2012 [cited 3 Apr 2022]. Available from: