Neugalin 75mg Capsule
By STRIDES SHASUN LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
This product is discontinued
Drugs For Peripheral Neuropathy
Neugalin 75mg Capsule is contains Pregabalin.
Uses of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
Treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli. For management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
Contraindications of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
If you are allergic to pregabalin or any other ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness, difficulty in movement and other mental issues
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain, fatigue and back ache
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes, itching & excessive sensitivity
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways, urinary tract, runny nose
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
- Impotency, lack in sexual drive, anxiety, feeling hostile, uncontrolled movements, sleeplessness
Precautions and Warnings of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
Can I take Neugalin 75mg Capsule during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of child bearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Neugalin 75mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.Your doctor will decide wether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neugalin 75mg Capsule?
This medicine can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Neugalin 75mg Capsule?
It is advised to not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicne as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have heart failure problem or you are diebetic or have kidney function problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in skin, itching etc. after taking this medicine.
- This medicine can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.stomach discomfort, constipation etc.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotrasmitter) in brain responsible for sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
- It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. Incase it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- Neugalin 75mg Capsule can increase the effect of medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone and can lead to breathing difficulties, coma and sometimes can be fatal.
- Medicine like oxycodone used for serious painful condition if taken along can lead to loss of memory and ability to perform normal physical movements.
- You may experience dizziness and sleepiness if you are taking medicine called lorazepam for anxiety disorders and sleep disorders.
Storage and disposal of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Neugalin 75mg Capsule
Symptoms of overdose are similar to common side effects like sleepiness, restlessness, iritation etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases the overdose of this medicine can lead to coma.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it a normal painkiller?
A: This medicine is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.read less
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved