Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
By NITIN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml Description
Neceft Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin & soft tissues, stomach & intestines, urinary tract, etc. It is also use
d in meningitis (inflammation of meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord). It contains ceftazidime, which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine.
|You Save||₹13.58 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftazidime
Uses of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
For the treatment of bacterial infections such as urinary tract infection, skin infection, respiratory infection like pneumonia, infections of stomach & intestines, meningitis (inflammation of meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord), etc....
Contraindications of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
- If you are allergic to ceftazidime, any other cephalosporins or any other ingredients of Neceft Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
- Injection site reactions
- Skin rash
- Swelling/redness in veins
Precautions and Warnings of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
Can I take Neceft Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Neceft Injection while breastfeeding?
This medicine can be taken while breastfeeding if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Neceft Injection?
Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after taking Neceft Injection
Can I consume alcohol with Neceft Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine, it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins or any medicines.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea due to this medicine.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
How Does It Work?
Ceftazidime works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which is essential for their survival. Therefore it leads to the death of cell. Hence helps in stopping the growth of bacteria & prevents infection....
Directions for Use of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
- Neceft Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Neceft Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, water pills, oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
- Store Neceft Injection in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children.
Dosage of Neceft 250mg Injection 5ml
Neceft Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Neceft Injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Neceft Injection?
A: Neceft Injection is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, respiratory, skin & soft tissue, stomach & intestines, meningitis, etc.
Q: What is the composition of Neceft Injection?
A: Neceft Injection contains ceftazidime, an antibiotic medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Ceftazidime Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- FORTAZ® (ceftazidime for injection) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed