Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone. It is generally prescribed to women who are suffering from progesterone deficiency during menopause, pregnancy-related issue and hormonal imbalance. You may experience bleeding in between the periods or spotting after taking this medicine. Some other common side effects that you may experience are stomach bloating, stomach pain, dizziness, headache, mood swings, hot flushes, breast tenderness, vaginal discharge, joint pain, and inability to urinate properly. Please inform your doctor if you experience any other side effect. Also, talk to your doctor about your health conditions before taking the tablet.
Uses of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
It is used in combination with estrogen to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women who have an intact uterus which is known as hormone replacement therapy.
Contraindications of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer.
- If you experience vaginal bleeding.
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels.
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes).
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (sudden warmth feeling over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
Can I take Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet?
It is unknown if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids.
- You notice changes in the breast or nipple.
- You have liver problems.
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes.
- You have a history of fits or asthma.
- You have or had mood disorders.
- You have asthma.
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases.
- Your skin is sensitive to light.
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin.
- You notice the visual disturbance.
Mode of Action of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. This medicine replenishes the female hormone i.e. Progesterone which is required for the normal functioning of the body.
Directions for Use of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
- Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet must be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine).
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin).
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir).
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine).
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine).
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone).
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines.
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat mood disorders (Diazepam).
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine).
Interactions with food items
Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet should not be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
- Naturogest Sr 200mg tablet does not require any special conditions for storage.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Naturogest Sr 200mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking this medicine?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer.
- Check your breast regularly for changes in the nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of the skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in the chest or pain in your legs and inability to walk.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Progesterone?
- Yes, if you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots.read less
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography.
Q: Does this medicine cause dizziness?
- Yes, this tablet can make you feel dizzy, drowsy and sleepy. Please refrain from performing any activities that require at most mental attention like driving. Please consult your doctor if your condition worsens.read less
Q: I am a diabetic female, can I take this tablet?
- This medicine is recommended to be used with caution in those suffering from diabetes. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is suggested. Please talk to your doctor before taking this medicine. Do not self medicate.read less
|You Save||₹64.86 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||As a hormone replacement therapy along with estrogen in conditions like hormonal imbalance during menopause|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, dizziness, headache, mood swings, hot flushes, breast tenderness, vaginal discharge, joint pain|
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 05:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved