Naprosyn 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Naprosyn 500 MG Description
Naprosyn is used to provide relief from the pain associated with various types of arthritis such as spondylitis, rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, gout and also menstrual pain. It contains naproxen, a painkiller as its active ingredient. Naprosyn acts by blocking the release of the chemical substance responsible for pain and inflammation. This tablet should not be taken by children under 16 years of age and by children below 5 years of age who have had rheumatoid arthritis since birth. You should always take Naprosyn 500 tablet with meals to avoid stomach upset and as prescribed by your doctor. The most common side effects of this medicine are heartburn, nausea, vomiting. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon. Before using Naprosyn 500, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Naprosyn 500 MG
Contraindications of Naprosyn 500 MG
- If you are allergic to naproxen or any other ingredient of Naprosyn 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other medicine from NSAIDs.
- If you have an active or history of stomach/intestinal ulcers.
- If you have a history of liver or kidney disease.
- If you have a history of heart failure.
- If you are in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Naprosyn 500 MG
- Abdominal discomfort
- Chest pain
- Blurr vision
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Naprosyn 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, kidney or lungs disease or disorder.
- You are or using it for an elderly person.
- You have any heart-related disease or condition or any blood disorder.
- You have or had active stomach or intestinal bleeding, ulcers or perforations.
- You experience any other side effects after taking Naprosyn 500 tablet.
- Naprosyn 500 tablet should not be used in children below 16 years of age, except for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Directions for Use of Naprosyn 500 MG
Storage and disposal of Naprosyn 500 MG
- Naprosyn 500 tablet is to be stored in a cool and dry place, away from excessive heat and sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Naprosyn 500 MG
- Naprosyn 500mg tablet is used to provide relief from the pain associated with various types of arthritis such as spondylitis, rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, gout and also menstrual pain.
- It's best to take it with or after meals to avoid stomach upset. Do not miss a dose or exceed the amount prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine should not be used if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Your baby could be seriously harmed by this medication.
- If you become pregnant while taking Naprosyn 500mg tablet, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during the treatment.
- Naprosyn 500mg tablet should not be given to children under 16 years of age without a doctor’s advice.
- Heartburn, indigestion, chest pain, constipation and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience sleepiness or blurred vision after taking Naprosyn 500mg tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness....
- It is also advised to quit alcohol intake and smoking for better treatment.
Dosage of Naprosyn 500 MG
- Taking excess Naprosyn 500 tablet may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, chest pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, heartburn, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Naprosyn 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Naprosyn 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Naprosyn 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Naprosyn 500 tablet?
Q: What should I know regarding the storage of Naprosyn 500 tablet?
Q: When and how to consume Naprosyn 500 tablet?
Q: What are the other complications involved with the usage of Naprosyn 500 tablet?
Q: Can Naprosyn 500 tablet cause constipation?
Q: What should I avoid while taking the Naprosyn?
Q: Can I take Naprosyn for a longer duration?
Q: What are the contraindications for Naprosyn?
- Naprosyn is contraindicated in patients, who are allergic to naproxen or any other ingredient of the Naprosyn 500 tablet.
- If allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other medicine from NSAIDs.
- If you have an active or history of stomach/intestinal ulcers, liver or kidney disease or heart failure.
- If you are in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Q: Does Naprosyn need to be taken with food?
Q: What are the side effects of Naprosyn?
Q: What's the difference between naproxen and Naprosyn?
- Naproxen 500 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Naproxen 500 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Naproxen - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Naproxen: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- NAPROSYN 500 PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- NAPROSYN D 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- NAPROSYN SR TABLET
- NAPROSYN TUTTI FRUTTI FLAVOUR SUSPENSION 60ML
- NAPROSYN 250 PLUS STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NAPROSYN 500 PLUS STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NAPROSYN PLUS TUBE OF 35GM GEL
- NAPROSYN 250 PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- NAPROSYN 250MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS