Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Myotop P tablet is a skeletal muscle relaxant that acts centrally on the spinal cord and has painkiller properties. It is a combination of medicine containing Tolperisone and Paracetamol as the active ingredient. It is used to relieve muscle spasms and related pain. It works by improving the blood flow toward skeletal muscles and reducing pain. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age and nursing mothers. Side effects like nausea, vomiting, indigestion and bloating are associated with Myotop P tablet. In case you experience any severe side effects or any discomfort while using this medication, it is important to consult the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
|You Save||₹29.38 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tolperisone(150.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Muscle weakness, headache, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Tolperisone(150.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)
Uses of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Myotop P tablet is used for the relief of painful muscle spasms spasticity (muscles tighten or stiffen) of the skeletal muscles.
Contraindications of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Tolperisone, Paracetamol or any other ingredient of Myotop P tablet.
- If you are suffering from myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disease characterized by muscle weakness.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Muscle weakness
- Abdominal pain
- Rash, itching (rare)
Precautions and Warnings of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Myotop P tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Myotop P tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby, unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary particularly during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Can I take Myotop P tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Myotop P tablet passes into the breast milk and it may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, you should not consume this medicine if you are breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Myotop P tablet?
Myotop P tablet has no influence on the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness after consuming this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Myotop P tablet?
Alcohol consumption does not alter the effect of Myotop P tablet. It is advised to limit the alcohol intake while on any medication as it can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Myotop P tablet.
- You are on or taking any other medicines.
- You have severe kidney or liver disease.
- You have or experience any of the heart disease or condition.
- You have anemia.
- Myotop P tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Tolperisone acts on the spinal cord and by blocking the exchange of sodium and calcium ions within the cells, thereby relaxing the muscle.
- Decreased blood supply to various small blood vessels due to muscle contraction can cause trauma to the blood vessels leading to the release of a chemical substance responsible to cause pain. However, Tolperisone works by increasing the blood supply to skeletal muscles....
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offering anti-inflammatory properties.
Directions for Use of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Myotop P tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- When Myotop P tablet is used along with another muscle relaxant medicine such as Methocarbamol can cause visual disturbances.
- Concurrent use of other painkillers such as niflumic acid and other NSAIDs increases the effect of Myotop P tablet.
- The effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin increases when used along with Myotop P tablet, hence close monitoring is required.
- Concurrent use of probenecid (gout medicine) may decrease the effect of Myotop P tablet.
- Chloramphenicol (antibiotic) may alter the effect of Myotop P tablet, if used along.
- Medicine used to treat fits such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine and rifampicin (anti-tubercular medicine) decreases the effect of Myotop P tablet and may cause liver damage.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Myotop P tablet should be taken after meals to increase its effects and decrease stomach upset.
Storage and disposal of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Myotop P Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Myotop P tablet may cause liver damage. However, if you have taken too much of Myotop P tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Myotop P tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Myotop P tablet?
A: No, it is not safe to take any other medicines to relieve pain along with Myotop P tablet. Concomitant use of painkillers can cause adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
Q: Is Myotop P tablet habit-forming or addictive?
A: No, Myotop P tablet is not a habit-forming medicine. However, it is recommended to take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Myotop P a steroid?
A: No, Myotop P tablet is not a steroid, it is a skeletal muscle relaxant and a painkiller.
Q: Can I stop taking Myotop P tablet if my pain is relieved?
A: Yes, you can stop taking Myotop P tablet, if your pain is relieved. However, do not stop taking this medicine if it is advised by your doctor. It is advised to inform your doctor, even if you are stopping this medicine.
Q: What precautions should I follow along with Myotop-P Tablet to reduce muscle pain?
- You should take proper rest.
- Do not lift heavy objects to avoid further injury.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- If you have swelling and pain at a specific part, apply an ice pack.
Q: Can Myotop P be given to my 12-year-old kid for back pain?
A: No, it is not recommended to use Myotop P tablet for children below 18 years of age. Consult your doctor for further assistance.
Q: Why is Myotop P used?
A: Myotop P tablet is used for the relief of painful muscle spasms and spasticity (muscles tighten or stiffen) of the skeletal muscles.
Q: What is the composition of Myotop P?
A: The composition of Myotop P includes a combination of medicine containing Tolperisone and Paracetamol as the active ingredient.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.