Mupinase 2% Cream
By CIPLA LIMITED
7.5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mupinase 2 % Description
Mupinase Cream is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Cream works by inhibiting the growth and spread of infecti
on causing bacteria. Mupinase Cream is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
|You Save||₹31.69 (20% on MRP)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Mupirocin(2.0 %)
Uses of Mupinase 2 %
Mupinase Cream is used to treat bacterial skin infections.
Contraindications of Mupinase 2 %
If you are allergic to mupirocin or any other ingredients of Mupinase Cream.
Side effects of Mupinase 2 %
Application site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Mupinase 2 %
Can I apply Mupinase Cream during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Mupinase Cream during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. In case you have been prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Mupinase Cream while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using Mupinase Cream while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available. If you are using it to treat a cracked nipple, wash thoroughly before feeding the baby. Avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Mupinase Cream?
Mupinase Cream is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Mupinase Cream?
Avoid consuming alcohol as it may worsen the infection
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are applying Mupinase Cream on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Cream, Cream, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Cream for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Mupinase 2 %
How Does It Work?
Mupirocin works by preventing the growth of bacteria, eventually killing them and prohibiting them from making protein.
Directions for Use of Mupinase 2 %
- Mupinase Cream should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Mupinase 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since Mupinase Cream is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with another topically applied Cream, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or Cream....
Storage and disposal of Mupinase 2 %
- Store Mupinase Cream at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Mupinase 2 %
As Mupinase Cream is to be applied externally on the skin, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied this Cream in excess, wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Mupinase Cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mupinase Cream be used for fungal infections?
A: Mupinase Cream is used to treat bacterial skin infections and may not be effective against fungal infections. Avoid self-medicating & consult a doctor before using any medicine.
Q: Does Mupinase Cream contain a steroid?
A: No, Mupinase Cream does not contain a steroid. It contains mupirocin, which is a topical antibiotic.
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed