Mtx Vhb 15mg Injection
Mtx Vhb 15 MG Description
Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj has varied used based on conditions such as 'Immunosuppressant action' against psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis while 'Anti-neoplastic' action against various types of cancer. It
contains methotrexate as its active ingredient. It acts by suppressing the immune response, reducing the swelling, stiffness and inflammation along with slowing down the skin proliferation in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis respectively, whereas it inhibits or slows down the growth of cancerous cells in various types of cancer. Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj is given under the medical supervision of a doctor or nurse at the hospital or clinic setup. It should not be consumed orally. It should not be used in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medication you have or had.
Uses of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
Contraindications of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
- If you are allergic to Methotrexate or any other component of Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj .
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you have pre-existing blood disorders such as decreased platelets and white blood cells.
Side effects of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
- Mouth ulcers
- Menstrual problems
- Skin rashes
- Persistent cough
- Pain in joints, muscles and stomach
- Swelling of feet
- Yellowing of the skin (an indication of liver damage)
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Temporary hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decrease white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, kidney or bone marrow disease.
- You are pregnant or planning pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- You have any known medical condition.
- You are on any other medication or therapy.
- You have stomach-intestinal or lung disease or conditions such as ulcers, persistent cough.
- You have taken any vaccination recently (live vaccine).
- You experience any skin reaction or other side effect after taking this medicine.
- Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj should not be used in children below 3 years of age.
Mode of Action of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
- Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj works or the Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking painkiller medicines to provide relief from pain such as aceclofenac, ibuprofen, diclofenac or other immunomodulatory medicines such as cyclosporine.
- When the Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj is administered during the period of radiotherapy, it may increase the risk of cell death in soft tissues and bones.
- If you have recently take any live vaccines, this medicine may alter the effectiveness of medicine.
Storage and disposal of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
- Store Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original package to protect from light. Do not freeze.
- Expired or unused medication should be disposed of via proper waste management protocol suggested by a pharmacist.
Dosage of Mtx Vhb 15 MG
- The overdose of Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj can cause vomiting, diarrhoea and gastrointestinal bleeding, severe bone marrow suppression, liver toxicity (more likely in patients with pre-existing risk factors for liver disease), sudden shortness of breath and a dry, persistent cough, and fever. A single overdose has also shown a fatal side effect. Another cause of death is bone marrow suppression....
- Several deaths have been reported all over the world from methotrexate overdose because of accidentally taking the injection daily instead of once a week dose as prescribed.
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take before treatment with Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj?
Q: Can Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj cause weight gain?
Q: Is Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj a steroid?
Q: Can this medicine cause infections?
Q: What precaution should be taken if the expired dosage of Mtx Vhb 15mg Inj is administered?
- IMUTREX Tablets / Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Methotrexate 100 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Methotrexate 100 mg/ml Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]