Moxicip 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Moxicip 400 MG Description
Moxicip Tablet contains Moxifloxacin. It is used to treat bacterial infection of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. Moxicip Tablet works by stopping and killing the growth of bacteria
that cause infection. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Provide detailed information about medical conditions and medications along with family history to your doctor. Moxicip Tablet should not be used for pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Moxiflox 400mg TabletBy Cipla Limited5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 157.52₹ 133.89₹ 26.78/Tablet
- Mahaflox 400mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.45₹ 83.6837% CHEAPER₹ 16.74/Tablet
- Moxam 400 Mg Tablet 5By Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 137.30₹ 116.7012% CHEAPER₹ 23.34/Tablet
- Moximac Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 284.37₹ 238.8710% CHEAPER₹ 23.89/Tablet
- Moxif 400mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.10₹ 120.789% CHEAPER₹ 24.16/Tablet
Uses of Moxicip 400 MG
Contraindications of Moxicip 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Moxifloxacin or any other component of Moxicip Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you have any heart-related disease or disorder including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have or had an imbalanced electrolyte level.
- If you had experienced tendon disease or disorder due to treatment with quinolone class of medicine.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Moxicip 400 MG
- Stomach Pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Oral or vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Moxicip 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases, including an irregular heartbeat.
- You are on any medication to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterized by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level after taking Moxicip Tablet.
- You experience vision disorder or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Moxicip Tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure of direct or indirect sunlight when on Moxicip Tablet, always use sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Moxicip 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Moxicip 400 MG
- Moxicip Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Moxicip 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat irregular heartbeat such as quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodarone; medicine used in brain diseases such as phenothiazines, pimozide, sertindole, amitriptyline; antimicrobial medicine to treat bacterial infection such as saquinavir, sparfloxacin, erythromycin IV, pentamidine; antiallergic medicine such as terfenadine, astemizole, mizolastine should not be used concomitantly with Moxicip Tablet....
- Medicine known to lower potassium level such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, amphotericin B, prednisolone should not be used concomitantly with Moxicip Tablet.
- Medicine such as sucralfate used to treat acidity and medicine containing zinc and iron should not be co-administered with Moxicip Tablet.
- Charcoal should not be administered along with Moxicip Tablet as it can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Moxicip Tablet may enhance the effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin.
- Moxicip Tablet may lower the effect of blood sugar-lowering medications such as glibenclamide when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moxicip 400 MG
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moxicip 400 MG
- Excess of Moxicip Tablet may alter the heart rhythm characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Moxicip Tablet when I feel better?
Q: Can the use of Moxicip Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Moxicip Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....