Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxclav Bd Suspension is an antibiotic consisting of a combination medicine mainly amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. This medicine is further being classified into the 'Penici
llin' class of antibiotics. Moxclav Bd Suspension is used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as the lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach, intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in Moxclav Bd Suspension work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. This medicine is specially designed for children, thus should be used or consumed only by children below 18 years of age. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens....
Uses of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
Moxclav Bd Suspension is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the nose, throat, neck, lungs, urinary tract, bone and joint.
Contraindications of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Moxclav Bd Suspension.
- If your child has or have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child has or had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
- Fungal infection of the skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
Can I take Moxclav Bd Suspension during pregnancy?
Moxclav Bd Suspension is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take Moxclav Bd Suspension while breastfeeding?
Moxclav Bd Suspension is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in breastfeeding women is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxclav Bd Suspension?
Moxclav Bd Suspension is meant to be used in children and thus its impact on driving ability is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxclav Bd Suspension?
Moxclav Bd Suspension is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your patient is elderly.
- Your child has liver problems.
- Your child has a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- Your child experiences fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- Your child has diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine.
- Moxclav Bd Suspension should be used only in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Moxclav Bd Suspension acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines or herbal supplements you are taking, to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
- Store it below 25°C.
- After reconstitution, store it in a refrigerator.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Moxclav Bd 228.5mg Susp 30ml
- Taking Moxclav Bd Suspension in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you overuse this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Moxclav Bd Suspension?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: My child has a fever and cold, can I give Moxclav Bd Suspension?
A: No, Moxclav Bd Suspension is an antibiotic, mainly used to treat bacterial infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections. Never administer any medicine to your child without consulting the doctor.
Q: How long can I store Moxclav Bd Suspension?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Moxclav Bd Suspension should be stored in refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard the remaining portion of medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹4.86 (8% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(28.5 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved