Montek Lc Kid Tablet
Montek Lc Kid Tablet Description
Montek LC Kid Tablet contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast. It is an antiallergic medicine. Montek-LC Kid is used to treating allergy symptoms such as runny & stuffy nose, blockage
in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. This medicine blocks the release of an allergy-causing substance in the body. Montek LC Kid is specially designed for children. Disperse Montek-LC Kid Tablet in a small quantity of water, and give it to your child immediately. Give this medicine to your child as advised by your doctor, preferably at night. While on this medicine, your child may feel dizzy, sleepy and drowsy, thus be cautious with his actions. If these side effects worsen or remain persistent, visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
|You Save||₹19.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Montelukast(4.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(2.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Headache, Dry mouth, Sleepiness|
- L Hist Mont Junior Strawberry Flavour Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.00₹ 102.855.51% CHEAPER₹ 10.29/Tablet
- Minolast Lc Kid Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 68.0037.5% CHEAPER₹ 6.80/Tablet
- Monticope Kid Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.96₹ 66.0939.25% CHEAPER₹ 6.61/Tablet
- Nukast 4mg Dt Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.20₹ 90.2717% CHEAPER₹ 9.03/Tablet
- Lecope M Kid TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.7541.36% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Montina L Dt Strip Of 10 Tablets (aristo)By Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.00₹ 45.9057.81% CHEAPER₹ 4.59/Tablet
- Arend Jr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 74.9031.16% CHEAPER₹ 7.49/Tablet
Uses of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
Contraindications of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
- If your child is allergic to Montelukast and Levocetirizine or any other ingredient of Montek LC Kid Tablet.
- If your child has kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If your child is unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Your child is taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Your child is already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- Your child is experiencing a rash or breathing difficulty.
- Your child is suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- Montek LC Kid Tablet can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Your child is suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- Your child is not able to empty the bladder.
- Montek LC Kid Tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
Interactions of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Montek LC Kid Tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
Storage and disposal of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
- Store Montek LC Kid Tablet below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Montek Lc Kid Tablet
- Excess of Montek LC Kid Tablet can cause symptoms such as drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Montek LC Kid Tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Is Montek LC Kid Tablet a steroid?
Q: Can Montek LC Kid Tablet make my child feel sleepy?
Q: Can Montek LC Kid Tablet be used for cough?
- CiplaMed. Montair LC. [ Accessed on 20.March.2021 ] (online)
- Centaurpharma. MTnL Tablet. PI. [ Accessed on 20.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Montelukast. [ Accessed on 20.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Levocetirizine. [ Accessed on 20.March.2021 ] (online)
- LactMed. Levocetrizine. [ Accessed on 20.March.2021 ] (online)