Montaz 1gm Inj
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
1g Powder For Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montaz 1 injection is a combination medicine that contains Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam which belongs to the class of cephalosporin and penicillin antibiotics respectively. This combination is used to treat and prevent bacterial infections of various kinds. You may experience headache, dizziness, vomiting, fever, chest pain by taking this medicine. This medicine should be administered carefully to children below 12 years of age. This medicine should be used with caution in patients with kidney and liver diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
Uses of Montaz 1gm Inj
It is mainly used before surgeries to prevent infection which may arise post-surgery like vaginal or abdominal surgeries to remove the uterus, surgery to remove gall bladder stone or for jaundice, etc.
Contraindications of Montaz 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems.
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment.
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzymes) in the blood.
- Should not be given to premature babies.
Side effects of Montaz 1gm Inj
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies
- Bleeding disorders
- Itching and pain at the site of injection
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Montaz 1gm Inj
Can I take the Montaz 1 injection during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on the foetus is not clearly known, it must be used only if it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
- Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Montaz 1 injection while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the breastmilk in low amounts.
- The baby should be monitored for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of the mouth.
- Your doctor will decide if the medicine should be discontinued when you are breastfeeding, only after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have taken the Montaz 1 injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with the Montaz 1 injection?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen side effects like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of an allergy after taking the antibiotic.
- You have developed diarrhoea after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and inform your doctor.
- You have serious liver and kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease.
- You are suffering from anaemia.
- You are suffering from a disease of bowel inflammation (Colitis).
Mode of Action of Montaz 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
- Montaz 1 injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Ceftriaxone.
- Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Montaz 1gm Inj
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Montaz 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.read less
- This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution.
- This medicine alters the action of oral contraceptives. Thus it is advisable to use alternative contraceptive measures like condoms when you are taking this medicine.
- This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given.
Storage and disposal of Montaz 1gm Inj
- Store it below 25°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Montaz 1gm Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore chances of an overdose are rare.
- However, if you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and an upset stomach immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you.
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed.
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Montaz 1 injection?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Q: I have experienced rashes on my skin after taking this medicine, is it normal?
A: No, rash on the skin, swelling on the face and body, irregular heartbeats and difficulty in breathing are signs of allergic reactions to the medicine. Please inform your doctor immediately.
Q: What happens if I take a higher dose of this medicine?
A: There are fewer chances of you taking a higher dose of this medicine as it is an injection that will be administered to you by a medical expert. In a rare scenario, if you happen to take an excessive amount of medicine, you may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and an upset stomach. Please inform your doctor immediately.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Apr 2021 | 01:34 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved