Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montair LC Kid Syrup is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a c
ombination of two medicines Montelukast and Levocetirizine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause drowsiness...
Uses of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
Montair LC Kid Syrup is used for treating & preventing symptoms of allergic rhinitis (runny or itchy nose, sneezing, teary eyes, etc).
Contraindications of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- Children of age 6-11 years with existing kidney problems.
Side effects of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
Can I take Montair LC Kid Syrup during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Montair LC Kid Syrup while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Montair LC Kid Syrup?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Montair LC Kid Syrup?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- Montair LC Kid syrup is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
- Take syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Montair LC Kid syrup contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines like Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Phenytoin (used to treat fits or epilepsy), Phenobarbital (used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness; also called CNS depressants) should be used with caution along with Montair LC Kid syrup....Read more
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
- Store Montair LC Kid Syrup below 30°C.
- Close the cap of the bottle properly after every use.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Montair Lc Kid Syp 60ml
Symptoms of overdose of Montair LC Kid Syrup include drowsiness, restlessness, thirst, headache. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving Montair LC Kid Syrup to my child if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should give Montair LC Kid Syrup to your kid for the duration prescribed by the doctor, stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: Can I give Montair LC Kid Syrup to my child during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack.
Q: Is Montair LC Kid Syrup an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is an anti-allegric medicine used for the treatment of allergies and hives.
Q: What is the dosage of Montair LC Kid Syrup for 5 year old child?
A: The dose and frequency of Montair LC Kid Syrup will be decided by your doctor after accessing the condition of your child and other parameters. Do not give this syrup to your child without consulting a doctor.
Q: How to take Montair LC Kid Syrup?
- Take Montair LC Kid syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: How does Montair LC Kid Syrup work?
A: Montair LC Kid Syrup works by the combined action of two of its components – Montelukast & Levocetirizine. Montelukast acts by blocking certain natural substances known as leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier. Levocetirizine works by blocking a natural substance called histamine, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Jun 2021 | 12:44 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved