Monrab It Capsules
By ACINOM HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monrab It Capsules Description
Monrab It Capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing
heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity. Monrab It contains rabeprazole and itopride as its active ingredient. This Capsule lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Monrab It Capsule should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals for the best result. It is advised to avoid the consumption of spicy and oily food while on this medicine, for effective results.
|You Save||₹22.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Itopride(150.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Stomach ache, flatulence, dry mouth, rashes, weakness|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Itopride(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Monrab It Capsules
Monrab It Capsule is used in the treatment of GERD (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) that is characterized by heartburn, chest pain, acidity etc.
Contraindications of Monrab It Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, itopride or any of the ingredient of Monrab It Capsule.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the digestive system.
Side effects of Monrab It Capsules
- Stomach ache
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Monrab It Capsules
Can I take Monrab It Capsule during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety. Take this medicine only if only if it is considered to be clearly essential.
Can I take Monrab It Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Monrab It Capsule pass into the breast milk in small amounts and may harm the breastfed baby. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
- After assessing the necessity and safety, your doctor might either change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Monrab It Capsule?
Monrab It Capsule does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery, however if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Monrab It Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol in excess, as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine or taking any steroid.
- You have a known medical condition such as liver or kidney problem, osteoporosis etc.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- On long term used, vitamin B12 supplements may be needed. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, or fever after taking this medicine
- Prolonged use of this medicine may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- It should not be used in children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Monrab It Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement of food in the digestive tract (especially stomach and intestines), thus accelerates emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Monrab It Capsules
- Swallow this Capsule as a whole with plenty of water without chewing.
- It should preferably in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Monrab It Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Monrab It Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are taking methotrexate, anti-fungal medicines, antiviral medicines like atazanavir, atropine, benztropine etc.
- As this medicine contains rabeprazole and itopride, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
Interactions with food items
Avoid nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola), as it can increase stomach acid and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Monrab It Capsules
- Store this medicine below 25°C and try to keep it protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Monrab It Capsules
There is limited information available on what symptoms you will have if this medicine is consumed in excess. If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been taking this medicine for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: What should I do if I experience heartburn and stomach pain frequently?
A: There are several reasons which may cause heartburn and abdominal pain. Try to observe if a particular dietary ingredient is causing this issue and avoid it. Also, avoid very oily, spicy and fried food. Consult a doctor and get proper treatment done. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: Should Monrab It Capsule be taken before or after food?
A: Monrab It Capsule should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed