Minscalp F 5% Solution
Minscalp F 5% Solution Description
Minscalp F Skin Solution contains a combination of minoxidil and finasteride as its active ingredients. It works by dual mechanism of action and prevents hair loss and promotes regrowth of hair. Mins
calp F Skin Solution should not be used in women due to the presence of finasteride, which may cause hormonal changes in females. It is meant for use on the scalp only. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, nose, mouth, or any cut/exposed skin or scalp.
- Minosilk F Solution 60mlBy Ethinext Pharma Pvt Ltd60ml Skin Solution in BottleMRP 725.00₹ 616.25₹
- Oaknet's Hair Growth Topical Solution 90mlBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd90ml Skin Solution in BottleMRP 1088.50₹ 1088.50₹
- Novegrow 5% Solution 60mlBy Lupin60ml Skin Solution in BottleMRP 1328.00₹ 1128.80₹
- Novegrow 10% Solution 60mlBy Lupin60ml Skin Solution in BottleMRP 1374.00₹ 1167.90₹
- Tugain Men Soln 60mlBy Cipla Limited60ml Skin Solution in BottleMRP 871.50₹ 740.77₹
Uses of Minscalp F 5% Solution
Contraindications of Minscalp F 5% Solution
- If you are allergic to minoxidil and finasteride or any other ingredient of Minscalp F Skin Solution.
- If you are a female of childbearing age or planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Minscalp F 5% Solution
- Scalp itching
- Irritation or flaking
- Redness at the site of application
- Excessive hair growth on other body parts
- Impotence or problems with ejaculation
- Decreased libido
- Pain, enlargement or rashes on the breast
Precautions and Warnings of Minscalp F 5% Solution
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of or at risk for heart disease (heart attack, rhythm problems, diseases of heart valves, heart failure, etc.).
- You have high blood pressure and are on treatment for the same.
- You are a female patient of childbearing age or planning a pregnancy.
- You have any liver problems.
- Discontinue the medication You start experiencing any weight gain, swelling of feet, irritation, or redness of the scalp, or unwanted facial hair growth.
- You do not notice any effect after 4- 6 months of use, kindly contact your doctor for further evaluation.
Mode of Action of Minscalp F 5% Solution
How Does It Work?
- Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels of the scalp, increases the blood flow to the hair follicles helping in the regrowth of hair.
- Finasteride works by reducing the production of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). In males with hereditary or premature risk for baldness, this hormone DHT is believed to bind to hair follicles and cause them to shrink, resulting in hair loss....
Directions for Use of Minscalp F 5% Solution
- Use Minscalp F Skin Solution only when the scalp or the hair is dry. There is no need to shampoo the hair before or after each application.
- Use the applicator to fill in 1 ml of the solution and then place it over your head where the hair is thinning and squeeze the bulb of the applicator.
- Now use your fingertip and spread the solution evenly over the area.
- Do not squeeze the whole 1 ml at a time.
- You may apply small amounts and apply thoroughly using the fingertips.
- Wash your hands after application.
- Ensure it does not trickle on the face as that can cause unwanted hair growth on the face.
- Regular hair bath (with mild shampoo) and dyeing of hair need not be discontinued while using this medicine.
Interactions of Minscalp F 5% Solution
Interactions with other medicines
- Minscalp F Skin Solution may interact with other topical medicines that you are using on the scalp and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Caution must be exercised by patients who are taking medicines for high blood pressure as a combined effect of both the medicines may cause a slight fall in blood pressure, especially while standing (orthodynamic hypotension)....
Storage and disposal of Minscalp F 5% Solution
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep it away from reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Minscalp F 5% Solution
- Minscalp F Skin Solution is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or application to larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms. ...
- The signs and symptoms of overdosage would be swelling of the face, hands, and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness, and weakness. Do not apply more than 2 ml of this solution per day....
Missed a Dose
- If you miss an application of Minscalp F Skin Solution, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply to compensate for the missed dose.
- Missing one or two doses is not going to affect its efficacy or change the outcome. Continue with your next application as per the schedule.
- Remember to maintain a 12-hour gap between 2 doses and not to apply more than 2 ml (1 ml twice) within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Whats are the things that I should avoid while using Minscalp F Skin Solution?
- The use of a hairdryer while applying this solution is not recommended. Avoid wearing caps, or any other headwear, lying down, or sleeping after applying this solution until you are sure the scalp is dry....
- Do not mix this solution in hair oil and use.
- Do not apply on other parts of the body except the scalp.
- Using this solution more frequently than twice a day does not help your hair grow faster.
- The maximum dosage in a day should not exceed 2 ml.
- Minscalp F Skin Solution should not be used in children and the elderly aged above 65 years.
Q: Will my hair loss continue after I stop using Minscalp F Skin Solution?
- It depends on your condition. People with hereditary hair loss conditions may have to continue to use this solution for long periods.
- On the other hand, if the hair loss is due to any nutritional deficiency, or any medicines or therapy, this solution will prevent further hair loss, and the hair growth will stop occurring after the causative factor is corrected....
- In all other conditions, stopping this medication will cause hair loss to continue again. You may stop for a brief period of 2-3 months, but completely stopping will cause a repeat of hair loss.