Microdox Lbx Strip Of 10 Capsules
Microdox-LBX capsule is an antibiotic. It is a combination medicine containing two components doxycycline and spores of lactobacillus sporogenes as the active ingredient. Doxycycline is an antibiotic and Lactobacillus sporogenes is a probiotic, a beneficial bacterium that is already present in the intestine of the body. Microdox-LBX capsule is used to treat bacterial infections and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection and diarrhoea and lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. It can be used by adults and should be used with precautions in children over 8-years of age. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Before starting the treatment with Microdox LBX, inform your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history.
|₹12.25 (14% on MRP)
|Doxycycline(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(5.0 B)
|Bacterial infection in stoamch
|Headache, rash, vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty in swallowing
Uses of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Contraindications of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Side effects of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic rash
- Difficulty in swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders or skin infections.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder named myasthenia gravis, which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have Benign intracranial hypertension, a brain disorder characterised by a severe headache.
- You have infection or inflammation in the food pipe (Oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea. Discontinue the treatment and inform your doctor.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus, characterised by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience a Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterised by fever, chill, increased heartbeat and headache.
- Microdox LBX should not be used in a child below 8-years of age as it can cause discolouration of teeth.
Directions for Use of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Take Microdox-LBX capsule as a whole with a glass of water.
- It can be taken with food or after your meals.
Storage and disposal of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Microdox-LBX capsule is used to treat bacterial infections and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
- It can be used by adults and should be used with precautions in children over 8 years of age.
- Before starting the treatment with Microdox LBX, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- This medicine only treats the symptoms of diarrhoea. When you have diarrhoea, it is recommended to drink enough liquids and stay hydrated along with taking the medicine.
- Abdominal pain, nausea,and headache can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the entire course of this medicine.
Dosage of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Microdox-LBX capsule contains Doxycycline and Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Interactions of MICRODOX LBX STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Microdox-LBX capsule with antacids containing aluminium, calcium or magnesium can decrease the effect of Doxycycline.
- The antibiotic effect of penicillin is altered by the use of Microdox-LBX capsule capsules.
- The blood thinners like warfarin, when used with this medicine, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for psychiatric disorders such as Phenytoin or Carbamazepine if used along with Microdox-LBX capsule, can reduce the anti-infective action.
- The effect of oral contraceptives may be altered by the use of this medicine. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used.
- Medicines like cyclosporine which is used to reduce the immune response should be avoided as they can interfere with the effect of Doxt-SL.
- The use of Methoxyflurane, an anaesthetic with this medicine, can result in severe toxicity in the kidney.
- Using medicines like Isotretinoin along with Microdox-LBX capsule should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects of former medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Microdox-LBX capsule be used in children?
Q: Can I have milk with Microdox-LBX capsule?
Q: How does the lactobacillus help?
Q: What is the composition of Microdox-LBX?
Q: Is Microdox-LBX antibiotic?
Q: Can I stop taking the Microdox LBX capsule if I start feeling better?
Q: What is the function of Microdox LBX?
Q: Can I use Microdox LBX for acne?
Q: Is Microdox LBX used for cough?
- Doxycycline 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Doxycycline [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- LACTOBACILLUS: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]