Mgr 10mg Tablet
Mgr 10 MG Description
Mgr Tablet is used in the prevention of migraine. It contains flunarizine as an active ingredient. It is not recommended for people below 18 years of age. One may experience an increase in weight, di
zziness or depression when taking this Tablet. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers.
Uses of Mgr 10 MG
Contraindications of Mgr 10 MG
- If you have an allergy to flunarizine or any other ingredients present in Mgr Tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
Side effects of Mgr 10 MG
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Mgr 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are elderly and suffering from psychiatric disorders.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing fatigue, muscle pain and weakness.
- You have Parkinson's disease and are taking medicines for treating the same, as it may potentiate some side-effects like shakiness (tremors), muscle stiffness (rigidity), difficulty in movements (bradykinesia), these are called extrapyramidal symptoms. Mgr Tablet may not be useful to treat active migraine attack....
- It would be best if you regularly visit your doctor during Flunarizine therapy. Any adverse reactions may be detected early and required actions may be taken.
Mode of Action of Mgr 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mgr 10 MG
- Take Mgr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mgr 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Mgr Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking anti-epileptic medicines such as phenytoin, as it may affect the activity of Mgr Tablet.
- You may feel more drowsy or sleepy when taken along with brain-related medicines like diazepam, alprazolam and mephenytoin (to treat some psychiatric illness).
- Women who are on oral contraceptives may experience milky discharge from the nipple (Galactorrhea) during Flunarizine treatment.
Storage and disposal of Mgr 10 MG
- Store it below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must discard this medicine when it expires or is no longer needed.