Metolar Xr 50mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Metolar Xr 50 MG Description
Metolar XR-50 capsule is used to treat high blood pressure and other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure. Metoprolol is the active ingredient present in this capsul
e. It also reduces the risk of further complications such as kidney failure and vision change. Metoprolol is a selective beta-blocker, having action specific to the heart muscles. Metolar XR-50 capsule acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the load on the heart and lowering the blood pressure. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Metolar XR-50 capsule.
Uses of Metolar Xr 50 MG
- Metolar XR-50 capsule is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like kidney problems, stroke, heart attack and migraine.
Contraindications of Metolar Xr 50 MG
- If you are allergic to Metoprolol or any other ingredients of Metolar XR-50 capsule.
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma or any lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes.
- If you have renal or liver disease.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you have decreased heart rate.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metolar Xr 50 MG
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metolar Xr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You had any side effects after taking Metolar XR-50 capsule.
- You have any medical conditions such as diabetes, a heart condition, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Metolar XR-50 capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metolar Xr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metolar Xr 50 MG
Interactions of Metolar Xr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of medications used to treat diabetes such as insulin may be increased with Metolar XR-50 capsule.
- Medicines used to treat heart failure like digoxin may alter the effect.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions such as verapamil, diltiazem, nifedipine can cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure when used along with this medicine.
- Pain-killer medicines like diclofenac, indomethacin may decrease the effect of Metolar XR-50 capsule.
- Rifampicin (anti-tubercular) may decrease the effect of Metolar XR-50 capsule, whereas paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline (mood elevator), cimetidine (acid-lowering), hydralazine (anti-allergic), lidocaine (anaesthetic) may increase the effect of this medicine....
- Concurrent use of hormonal pills such as oestrogen decreases the anti-hypertensive action of this medicine.
- Concurrent use of certain medicines such as aldesleukin (skin cancer), alprostadil (erectile dysfunction), clonazepam, diazepine (mood and sleep) increases the effect of Metolar XR-50 capsule.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Metolar Xr 50 MG
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.