Meroron 250mg Injection
By AGRON REMEDIES
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meroron 250mg Injection Description
Meroron 250mg Inj contains meropenem, an antibiotic.
|You Save||₹120.00 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Meropenem
Uses of Meroron 250mg Injection
It is used for severe, serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria. It is not to be used for normal infections.
Contraindications of Meroron 250mg Injection
- If you are allergic to meropenem or any other ingredients of this injection
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines known as carbapenems
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins & cephalosporins
Side effects of Meroron 250mg Injection
- Loose motions
- Stomach pain
- Swelling and irritation at injection site
- Increased blood platelet count
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes (monitored by blood test)
- Abnormal sensation in skin (Pricking & tingling)
Precautions and Warnings of Meroron 250mg Injection
Can I take Meroron 250mg Inj during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will decide if this medicine can be given to you after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Meroron 250mg Inj while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in human milk in low amount; thus, it is advised not to take this medicine when you are breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine after assessing the benefit over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meroron 250mg Inj?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, fits or abnormal skin sensations like tingling & pricking, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Meroron 250mg Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhea after taking & during treatment
- You have sudden severe allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have fits and other brain problems
- You skin allergy after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Meroron 250mg Injection
How Does It Work?
It works by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Meroron 250mg Injection
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Meroron 250mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- Medicines used to treat fits like valproic acid
- Medicine used to prevent blood from clotting like warfarin
Storage and disposal of Meroron 250mg Injection
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect if from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Meroron 250mg Injection
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine.
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Meropenem?
A: Inform the doctor about your detailed medical, surgical and allergy history. Inform your physician if you have any of the conditions like kidney disease, history of head injury, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.