Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Megamox Cv Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Megamox Cv Tablet contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It works by the combined action of its two components, Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes which break the Amoxicillin. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Megamox Cv Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Megamox Cv Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Megamox Cv Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin & nails
- Skin rash, irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I drive if I have consumed Megamox Cv Tablet?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Megamox Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
Megamox Cv Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding as its components pass into the breastmilk. It is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Megamox Cv Tablet?
Megamox Cv Tablet may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions. Thus, either be cautious or avoid driving or using machines while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Megamox Cv Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Megamox Cv Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You experience skin redness followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping the treatment with Megamox Cv Tablet.
Mode of Action of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Megamox Cv Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Megamox Cv Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Megamox Cv Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.read less
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Megamox Cv Tablet.read less
Storage and disposal of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Megamox Cv Tablet at room temperature in the original packaging to protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard the unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Megamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An excess of this medicine may lead to serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose are stomach discomforts, vomiting, diarrhoea, sleepiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of Megamox Cv Tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of the therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Megamox Cv Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment. However, contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: Can I take Megamox Cv Tablet if I am allergic to penicillin?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Megamox Cv Tablet?
A: Yes, Megamox Cv Tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times in a day do I have to take Megamox Cv Tablet?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take them in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Megamox Cv Tablet to show its effects?
A: Megamox Cv Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹23.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved