Medtet 10mg Tablets
Medtet 10 MG Description
Medtet Tablet is given to women who are unable to produce progesterone hormone naturally. It is also prescribed to patients suffering from various disorders related to the female reproductive cycle l
ike disorders including irregular menstrual periods, absence of menses, delayed periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis, etc. Medtet Tablet is a hormonal medicine. It contains medroxyprogesterone, a human made female hormone. This Tablet corrects the reduced hormonal levels of progesterone in the body and disorders associated with it.
Uses of Medtet 10 MG
Contraindications of Medtet 10 MG
- If you are allergic to medroxyprogesterone or any ingredients of Medtet Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or trying to conceive.
- If you have a history of breast cancer, heart-related disorder or liver disorder or any other kind of pre-existing medical condition.
- If you have blood clotting disorders such as thrombosis and porphyria (a blood disorder that affects the nervous system and skin).
Side effects of Medtet 10 MG
- Abnormal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Hair fall
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Medtet 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have asthma, diabetes, liver problems or gallstones.
- You are suffering from migraine, mood disorders or epilepsy.
- You have an allergic condition characterised by joint pain, skin rashes or high fever.
- You may experience weight gain and oedema when on this medicine, inform your doctor if you experience the same.
- The risk of blood clot formation increases if you are overweight or you ever had a blood clot in your veins.
- You have limited movement due to surgery or you had repeated miscarriages in the past.
Mode of Action of Medtet 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Medtet 10 MG
- Take Medtet Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Medtet 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Medtet 10 MG
- Store it below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.