Medrol 16mg Tablet
Medrol 16 MG Description
Medrol 16 mg tablet contains methylprednisolone as an active ingredient, commonly known as steroids. It is used in various conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. Tab Medrol
will decrease the immune response by altering the action of the chemical substance responsible for allergies and inflammatory conditions. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. Incomplete treatment may result in worsening health conditions. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose of the medicine. Before using the Medrol 16, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccination or have a vaccination scheduled.
- Rednisol 16mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.00₹ 81.0025% CHEAPER₹ 8.1/Tablet
- Metson 16mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sanoff Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.78₹ 97.789% CHEAPER₹ 9.78/Tablet
- Predace 16mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.12₹ 100.127% CHEAPER₹ 10.01/Tablet
- Zempred 16mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.80₹ 94.1813% CHEAPER₹ 9.42/Tablet
- Predmet 16mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.80₹ 94.1813% CHEAPER₹ 9.42/Tablet
Uses of Medrol 16 MG
Contraindications of Medrol 16 MG
- If you are allergic to the Medrol 16 mg tablet, steroids or any other components of the Medrol 16 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of severe fungal infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Medrol 16 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- Stomach ulcers
- Muscle weakness
- Mood disorders
- Thinning of the skin
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 16 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver or kidney.
- You develop any skin allergies after taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet.
- You are diabetic or have tuberculosis.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have glaucoma or are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from a condition causing muscle weakness or have osteoporosis.
- You are suffering from Cushing’s disease, Pheochromocytoma, Scleroderma or Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- Medrol 16 mg tablet can make you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection, you have measles or chickenpox or you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, It is advisable to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Medrol 16 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Medrol 16 MG
- Take the Medrol 16 mg tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
Interactions of Medrol 16 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Medrol 16 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along with the Medrol 16 mg tablet, can lead to muscle weakness....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Medrol 16 MG
- Store the Medrol 16 mg tablet at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Medrol 16 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet?
Q: Does Medrol 16 mg tablet affect vaccinations?
Q: Can I stop taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
Q: Is the Medrol 16 mg tablet a steroid?
Q: Can I take Medrol 16mg for covid-19?
Q: What are the side effects of Medrol 16 mg?
Q: What is Medrol 16 mg tablet used for?
Q: Should you take the Medrol with food?
Q: Is Medrol good for cough?
Q: Does Medrol help asthma?
Q: How much of Medrol is safe to consume?
Q: Can I take Medrol 16 every day?
Q: Can Medrol be taken on a long term basis?
Q: What is Medrol tablet?
- Medrol 16 mg tablet is a steroid medicine that is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs.
- It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies.
Q: Is Medrol tablet a controlled substance?
Q: What is the difference between Medrol and prednisone?
Q: Is Medrol tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Is Medrol safe during pregnancy?
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]