Medrol 16mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Medrol 16 mg tablet contains methylprednisolone as an active ingredient, commonly known as steroids. Medrol 16mg is used in various conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. Th
is medicine will decrease the immune response by altering the action of the chemical substance responsible for allergies and inflammatory conditions. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. Incomplete treatment may result in worsening of health conditions. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose of the medicine. Before using the Medrol 16 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccination or have a vaccination scheduled....
Uses of Medrol 16mg Tablet
Medrol 16 mg Tablet is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, s
Contraindications of Medrol 16mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to the Medrol 16 mg tablet, steroids or any other components of the Medrol 16 mg tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of severe fungal infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Medrol 16mg Tablet
- Increased risk for infections
- Stomach ulcers
- Muscle weakness
- Mood disorders
- Thinning of the skin
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 16mg Tablet
Can I take the Medrol 16 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take the Medrol 16 mg tablet as it can lead to low birth weight, abnormal growth in the unborn baby. Cases of cataracts have been observed in babies born to mothers taking these steroids for the long term. Thus, unless your doctor feels that the benefits of taking this medicine outweigh the risks to the feotus, a pregnant woman should not take this medicine.
Can I take the Medrol 16 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Medrol 16 mg tablet may pass into the breastmilk in small amounts. Hence the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Medrol 16 mg tablet?
Medrol 16 mg tablet can cause confusion, dizziness and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Medrol 16 mg tablet?
There is no known interaction of the Medrol 16 mg tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver or kidney.
- You develop any skin allergies after taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet.
- You are diabetic or have tuberculosis.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have glaucoma or are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from a condition causing muscle weakness or have osteoporosis.
- You are suffering from Cushing’s disease, Pheochromocytoma, Scleroderma or Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- Medrol 16 mg tablet can make you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection, you have measles or chickenpox or you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, It is advisable to discuss your condition with a doctor....Read more
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Medrol 16mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Medrol 16 mg tablet is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation....Read more
Directions for Use of Medrol 16mg Tablet
- Take the Medrol 16 mg tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
Interactions of Medrol 16mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Medrol 16 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....Read more
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along with the Medrol 16 mg tablet, can lead to muscle weakness....Read more
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice while taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Medrol 16mg Tablet
- Store the Medrol 16 mg tablet at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Medrol 16mg Tablet
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of the Medrol 16 mg tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit
the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it's time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of the Medrol 16 mg tablet to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet?
A: You must inform your doctor if you have diabetes or if you have recently received any live vaccines such as measle, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox or flu.
Q: Does Medrol 16 mg tablet affect vaccinations?
A: Medrol 16 mg tablet can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: Can I stop taking the Medrol 16 mg tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Is the Medrol 16 mg tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, the Medrol 16 mg tablet is a steroid, which reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies by inhibiting the release of certain chemical messengers responsible for the condition.
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved