Medrol 16mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
It is a corticosteroid, that is, a cortisone-like steroid or medicine.
Uses of Medrol 16mg Tab
- Medrol 16mg Tab uses are to treat a wide range of the following conditions: lung disorders like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, acute bronchitis; joint diseases like arthritis; renal disorders; skin diseases like eczema; intestinal diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis; multiple sclerosis; eye or vision problemsread less
Contraindications of Medrol 16mg Tab
- Allergic reaction to methylprednisolone
- diabetes mellitus
- recent history of any vaccination
- increased blood pressure
- kidney or liver problems
- any severe fungal infection
Side effects of Medrol 16mg Tab
- Medrol 16mg Tab side effects include the following: high risk of getting infection; nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea; ulcers in the stomach that can bleed; decreased sleep; mental health issues - feeling depressed, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, hallucinations; changes in menstrual cycles; allergic reactions, such as skin rash, swelling of the face or wheezing and difficulty breathing; tendency to thrombose; elevated blood pressure; muscular weakness; swelling, increased water and salt content in the body; muscle cramps; eye problems; delayed growth in children; increased appetite and weight gain; worsening of existing diabetesread less
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 16mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine crosses the placenta and affects the baby. It can have harmful effects on the growth of the baby and hence should be avoided during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and if you happen to become pregnant, do not stop this medicine abruptly on your own. Consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be consumed by mothers who are breastfeeding, as it can pass into the human breast milk and can affect the growth of the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
It does not affect the driving ability. It can cause dizziness or vision problems in some people. In such scenarios it is preferable to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Medrol 16mg Tab?
No known interaction is noted with alcohol as per records.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should tell your doctor before taking this medicine
- if you are allergic to it or any other medicine
- if you have any fungal infection
- if you have a history of liver, kidney, heart disease, high BP, TB, etc.
Mode of Action of Medrol 16mg Tab
How Does It Work?
It acts on the immune system to relieve inflammation, itching, redness, etc.
Directions for Use of Medrol 16mg Tab
The medicine is to be taken exactly as prescribed. You should not stop it abruptly without consulting with your physician. In some people, it may cause a stomach upset, so it can be taken with food or milk.
Interactions of Medrol 16mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
It may interact with aldesleukin, mifepristone, also warfarin and NSAIDs that can cause bleeding. It may also interact with OT medicines, vitamins and herbal products.
Interactions with food items
Medrol 16mg Tab may cause stomach upset. In such cases, food or milk should be taken with it.
Other general Interactions
Before taking Medrol 16mg Tab, you should tell your doctor if there is any history of liver or kidney disease, recent vaccination, fungal infection, etc. as this medicine weakens the immune system and there are more chances of infection.
Storage and disposal of Medrol 16mg Tab
Store this medication at room temperature in a tightly closed container and away from excess heat and moisture. Keep it out of children's reach. Unused or expired medicines should not be flushed down into the toilet but disposed of by medicine take-back way
Dosage of Medrol 16mg Tab
In case of overdose, you should immediately contact the treating physician. In cases of emergencies like collapse and seizure, you should call the emergency services.
Missed a Dose
If a dose is missed, then take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost the next dose time then do not take that missed dose and follow the normal Medrol 16mg Tab dosage schedule. Avoid taking a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Medrol 16mg Tab with milk or juice?
A: Yes, you can take it with milk or juice.
Q: How long does it take to see the effect of this medicine?
A: It will take a few days to see the effects of this medicine.
- NIH. MedlinePlus. Methylprednisolone
- WebMD. Methylprednisolone
- Medicinenet. Methylprednisolone
- Chemocare. Methylprednisolone
- eMC+. Package leaflet: Information for the patient. Medrone tablets 100 mg
- NIH. Dailymed. Medrol - methylprednisolone tablets
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Methylprednisolone
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved