Medrigest 10mg Tablet
Medrigest 10 MG Description
Medrigest Tablet is given to women who are unable to produce progesterone hormone naturally. It is also prescribed to patients suffering from various disorders related to the female reproductive cycl
e like disorders including irregular menstrual periods, absence of menses, delayed periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis, etc. Medrigest Tablet is a hormonal medicine. It contains medroxyprogesterone, a human made female hormone. This Tablet corrects the reduced hormonal levels of progesterone in the body and disorders associated with it.
Uses of Medrigest 10 MG
Contraindications of Medrigest 10 MG
- If you are allergic to medroxyprogesterone or any ingredients of Medrigest Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or trying to conceive.
- If you have a history of breast cancer, heart-related disorder or liver disorder or any other kind of pre-existing medical condition.
- If you have blood clotting disorders such as thrombosis and porphyria (a blood disorder that affects the nervous system and skin).
Side effects of Medrigest 10 MG
- Abnormal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Hair fall
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Medrigest 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have asthma, diabetes, liver problems or gallstones.
- You are suffering from migraine, mood disorders or epilepsy.
- You have an allergic condition characterised by joint pain, skin rashes or high fever.
- You may experience weight gain and oedema when on this medicine, inform your doctor if you experience the same.
- The risk of blood clot formation increases if you are overweight or you ever had a blood clot in your veins.
- You have limited movement due to surgery or you had repeated miscarriages in the past.
Mode of Action of Medrigest 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Medrigest 10 MG
- Take Medrigest Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Medrigest 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Medrigest 10 MG
- Store it below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.