Mecobal Plus Injection
By RAPROSS PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mecobal Plus Injection Description
Mecobal Plus Injection is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency, anaemia and a painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It contains mecobalamin or methylcobalamin also known as vitamin B12.
It helps in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function and the production of DNA. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Mecobal Plus Injection.
|You Save||₹3.69 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mecobalamin [Vit B12]|
|Uses||Vitamin B12 deficiency|
|Side effects||Pain and swelling at injection site, skin rash, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Mecobalamin [Vit B12]
Uses of Mecobal Plus Injection
Mecobal Plus Injection is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia (a blood disorder caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12). It is used in the treatment of painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy....
Contraindications of Mecobal Plus Injection
- If you are allergic to Mecobalamin or any other ingredients of Mecobal Plus Injection.
- If you are suffering from any type of kidney disease.
- If you have or have ever had Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow, painless loss of vision, first in one eye and then in the other eye).
Side effects of Mecobal Plus Injection
- Pain and swelling at injection site
- Skin rash
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Mecobal Plus Injection
Can I take Mecobal Plus Injection during pregnancy?
Your doctor may advise you oral supplements containing vitamin B12 and folic acid during pregnancy. Mecobal Plus Injection shall be given by your doctor in pregnancy only if essential. Safety in pregnancy is not known.
Can I take Mecobal Plus Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of the Mecobal Plus Injection pass into the breastmilk and is unlikely to harm a nursing infant when used in recommended doses. However, consult a doctor before using this injection while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Mecobal Plus Injection?
Yes, you can drive if you don’t experience any side effects with Mecobal Plus Injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Mecobal Plus Injection?
Regular consumption of alcohol decreases vitamin B12 absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. Decreased vitamin B12 levels lead to Hence, it is better to avoid.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have an eye disorder called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow and painless loss of vision).
- You consume alcohol in excess regularly, your doctor may monitor your vitamin B12 levels to check the progress of treatment.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Mecobal Plus Injection.
Mode of Action of Mecobal Plus Injection
How Does It Work?
Vitamin B12 is needed for the formation of red blood cells in the body and their growth. It helps in the absorption of folic acid and carbohydrates from food. It is essential for keeping our nerves healthy. Due to deficiency of vitamin B12, anaemia occurs. It can damage nerves leading to peripheral neuropathy. Mecobal Plus Injection helps replenish this deficiency....
Directions for Use of Mecobal Plus Injection
- Mecobal Plus Injection will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare. Do not self inject.
Interactions of Mecobal Plus Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Aminosalicylic acid, Chloramphenicol, Colchicine, histamine-2 antagonists, Neomycin and proton pump inhibitors (e.g. Pantoprazole) can decrease the absorption of Mecobalamin.
- Oral contraceptives can decrease the action of Mecobalamin by reducing its concentration in the body.
- Folic acid when taken in a larger dose for a prolonged duration can impair the therapeutic response of Mecobalamin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mecobal Plus Injection
- Store Mecobal Plus Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep the medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Mecobal Plus Injection
You are less likely to get an overdose of Mecobal Plus Injection as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Please inform the doctor if you feel any discomfort immediately after the administration of this injection....
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Mecobal Plus Injection are rare as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they happen to miss a dose, please inform them.
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the natural sources of vitamin B12?
- Animal products such as fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products contain vitamin B12 naturally
- Plant foods do not contain vitamin B12 but fortified breakfast cereals are a source of vitamin B12 with high bioavailability for vegetarians
- Some nutritional yeast products also contain vitamin B12
Q: What are the causes of vitamin B12 deficiency?
A: Vitamin B12 deficiency can be due to various reasons such as improper diet or diet deficient in vitamin B12, poor absorption from the intestine, certain disorders of intestine and surgeries which can impact absorption of this vitamin.
Q: Is there any side effect of the Mecobal Plus Injection?
A: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, headache, etc are a few common side effects of this injection. But these symptoms usually go away with time.
Q: How does the Mecobal Plus Injection be administered, iv or im?
A: Mecobal Plus Injection will be administered by a doctor or nurse in a healthcare setup. The doctor will decide the route of administration. Do not self-inject.
Q: When do you give methylcobalamin injection?
A: Mecobal Plus Injection is prescribed to treat vitamin B12 deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia (a blood disorder caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12). It is used in the treatment of painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy.
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Topics H. Cyanocobalamin: MedlinePlus [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Cyanocobalamin (Intramuscular Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed