Maxgalin 150mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Maxgalin 150 MG Description
Maxgalin Capsule contains Pregabalin as its main ingredient. It is used to treat neuropathic pain (pain associated with nerve damage in the brain). You should take this medicine only if it is prescri
bed, in the correct doses and for the exact duration as suggested by the physician. Do not stop or alter the dose on your own, as it may worsen the situation. Take all your medicines at regular intervals as directed to maintain the constant level of medicine in the blood. Before starting Maxgalin Capsule, inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from and also discuss if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
|₹47.60 (14% on MRP)
|Neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia syndrome
|Lack in sexual drive, confusion, irritation, lack of sleep, dizziness
|DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
- Pregnerv 150mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 159.0044.98% CHEAPER₹ 15.9/Capsule
Uses of Maxgalin 150 MG
- Treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
- For the management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
Contraindications of Maxgalin 150 MG
- If you are allergic to pregabalin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Maxgalin 150 MG
- Infection in the nose and the throat
- Increased appetite and weight gain
- Muscular or joint pain
- Lack of sexual drive
- Lack of sleep
- Blurred or double vision
- Stomach discomfort like nausea, constipation, flatulence, diarrhoea, a dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Maxgalin 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of underlying medical conditions like heart failure problem, diabetes, kidney function problem, etc.
- You may develop allergies like bumps and itching, swelling on the face and other body parts, shortness of breath, etc. after taking this medicine. Immediately seek medical help.
- You are giving this medicine to an elderly patient, as it can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Caution is advised.
- You are experiencing symptoms like vision problems or dizziness, sleepiness, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- You may also experience a behavioural change like mood swings or suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You should never stop this medicine abruptly, especially if you have a history of fits. The doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Maxgalin 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Maxgalin 150 MG
- It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. In case it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Maxgalin 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, the doctor might start the treatment with a low dose.
- The effect of medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone may potentiate if taken along with Maxgalin Capsule and can lead to breathing difficulties, coma and sometimes can be fatal....
- Medicine like oxycodone used for a serious painful condition if taken along can lead to loss of memory and ability to perform normal physical movements.
- You may experience dizziness and sleepiness if you are taking a medicine called lorazepam for anxiety disorders and sleep disorders.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Maxgalin 150 MG
- Store it below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxgalin 150 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose are similar to common side effects like sleepiness, restlessness, irritation, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases, an overdose of this medicine can lead to a coma....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Maxgalin Capsule a normal painkiller?
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence, your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it....
Q: What is neuropathic pain?
- Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and the spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the presence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications....
Q: Can I recommend the same to my friend having the same symptoms as mine?
- No, the recommendation of this medicine to anyone with similar symptoms to yours is strictly prohibited. Do not use the medication without your doctor's prescription. The doctor will decide the dose on the basis of any underlying medical condition and the severity of the disease....
Other Products from this Brand
- MAXGALIN 50MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- MAXGALIN ER 75MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- MAXGALIN NT STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- MAXGALIN ER 150MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- MAXGALIN 75MG STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- MAXGALIN NT STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- MAXGALIN 75MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- MAXGALIN M 75MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- MAXGALIN NT 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS